FORUMS

Huawei EMUI 5.1 Update – Eligible Devices, Release Date

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By jonezie, Member on 17th May 2017, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
According to Huawei, the Honor 8, Honor 6X, Honor 5C, and Huawei P9 will get EMUI 5.1 update by May end this year. See full story here 👇🏽 http://huaweiadvices.com/huawei-emui...-release-date/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonezie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jonezie Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 09:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
I doubt it will roll at the end of this month. Everyday Im checking Early access in HiCare, and there where no any beta test available, not even mentions about it.
There is no way that Huawei would just like that publish next big update without proper test, like we had with 5.0

True that Huawei is not best at rolling updates, but still when you compare it to ther OEMs its no difference at all, and all other companies have test before publishing major updates, and because they are region dependent, we should saw at least few roms based on 5.1 roam around forum from Asia or Europe.
17th May 2017, 09:49 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Port Moresby
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinaro

I doubt it will roll at the end of this month. Everyday Im checking Early access in HiCare, and there where no any beta test available, not even mentions about it.
There is no way that Huawei would just like that publish next big update without proper test, like we had with 5.0

True that Huawei is not best at rolling updates, but still when you compare it to ther OEMs its no difference at all, and all other companies have test before publishing major updates, and because they are region dependent, we should saw at least few roms based on 5.1 roam around forum from Asia or Europe.

Well this news is from the Official Huawei site so we should be expecting these roll outs as scheduled. May be not OTA as it will have delays but on the Firmware Finder App.
17th May 2017, 01:51 PM |#4  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I guess nothing we can do but wait for it to come. Hopefully this news is legit...
17th May 2017, 06:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,824

More
Why test, if base is still 7.0.
17th May 2017, 07:25 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkionline

Why test, if base is still 7.0.

Dont get me wrong but this is some retarded reasoning you have here....

Why test at all if its still Android? Why test if its still a phone? Why test if most of people buy new phone after 2years? Why test if 90% of people that use android, dont even know what screen resolution their phone have?

maybe because EMUI 5.1 have few new features that affect user experience? Maybe because they fix/make new bugs when implementing those features?

Jesus Christ its like explaining that water is wet, sun is shining and wind is blowing...
17th May 2017, 07:43 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,824

More
@Akinaro, let me say this.
They have P10 to test all things and just backport to P9, so they tested it since last november. If we clearly look, they only changed code of 5.0 and added the features to it. Its not a major update from google, just one from huaweis side, that only changed their own code.

Bugs can be everywhere, look on latest B383 and B386. We can also think, if they allready testing some code in this builds.
The EVA-L19C185B387 got allready something of that, a new kernel build 5.0.0.3, as SP1 marked, so they doing and mostly ditched to release official builds on 5.0 to work on 5.1.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dkionline For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dkionline Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 12:44 PM |#8  

More
You just prove my point....
Quote:

they only changed code of 5.0 and added the features to it

You just said what I said: they added features that need to be tested, because they changed code of 5.0...
And no one will more than few brain cells would test new ROM on never devices and then backport it straight to older model... you realize how it sound?
Quote:

Its not a major update from google, just one from huaweis side, that only changed their own code.

What the point? Just because it was not google update it doesnt require testing? Seriously?

And even if they ditched 5.0 and jumped to 5.1 it doesnt change anything, if you, as you self mentioned, changed code and added new features that really can affect user experience(for example new memory management ) It doesnt need proper testing like any other update?

My point is still valid: saying that new update doesnt need testing is just retarded.
18th May 2017, 03:55 PM |#9  
Flag Lelystad
Thanks Meter: 4,986

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You just prove my point....

You just said what I said: they added features that need to be tested, because they changed code of 5.0...
And no one will more than few brain cells would test new ROM on never devices and then backport it straight to older model... you realize how it sound?

What the point? Just because it was not google update it doesnt require testing? Seriously?

And even if they ditched 5.0 and jumped to 5.1 it doesnt change anything, if you, as you self mentioned, changed code and added new features that really can affect user experience(for example new memory management ) It doesnt need proper testing like any other update?

My point is still valid: saying that new update doesnt need testing is just retarded.

What is the point of this discussion?
18th May 2017, 05:10 PM |#10  

More
that this update would need beta testing just like any other rom, and overall is rather not possible that Huawei would release globally that update for P9 before end of this month.

On the side not part of this discussion what about seriously useless reasoning of dkionline that say "just because its based on android 7 i doesnt need testing".
Such thinking need to be pointed out as stupid, if someone like it or not.
18th May 2017, 06:46 PM |#11  
Flag Lelystad
Thanks Meter: 4,986

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

that this update would need beta testing just like any other rom, and overall is rather not possible that Huawei would release globally that update for P9 before end of this month.

On the side not part of this discussion what about seriously useless reasoning of dkionline that say "just because its based on android 7 i doesnt need testing".
Such thinking need to be pointed out as stupid, if someone like it or not.

Point out what you want bro but respect is not something you have
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)