FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Feature request] Network Speed Whilst Roaming

356 posts
Thanks Meter: 86

By randomhkkid, Senior Member on 4th August 2014, 10:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I'm running PA 4.45 Bacon for the Oneplus. I have one sim card that I use abroad and at home. When I roam abroad and use data there is no speed indicator in the status bar. ie LTE, 3G, EDGE. It's something I'm used to from my previous phone and a feature I'd love to see it on PA, especially as more carriers unlock international roaming at no extra cost.

Edit: To clarify the mobile data connection is active when roaming and it works perfectly. I'm requesting that the data connection speed be shown in the status bar whilst roaming like the attached picture in post 3.

Current 

Thanks a lot.
Andrew

4th August 2014, 01:30 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,855

Donate to Me
More
I don't see how this is a feature PA could add since the ROM doesn't care what SIM you have installed. The ROM doesn't differentiate between one Sim or another

#stayparanoid
4th August 2014, 01:39 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

I don't see how this is a feature PA could add since the ROM doesn't care what SIM you have installed. The ROM doesn't differentiate between one Sim or another

#stayparanoid

Surely it is part of the ROM whether the phone displays the network speed symbol in the status bar? If not then I am mistaken and apologies for the waste of time. Like the picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roaming data.png
Views:	360
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2883520  
4th August 2014, 02:42 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhkkid

Surely it is part of the ROM whether the phone displays the network speed symbol in the status bar? If not then I am mistaken and apologies for the waste of time. Like the picture attached.

Sure that is part of the ROM, but what you are talking about is not a ROM issue.

If it works fine with one Sim but not the other, the problem isn't with the ROM. The ROM doesn't care what Sim is installed. I can swap at&t Sim and T-Mobile Sim all day long and it will read correctly. The ROM doesn't lock to one specific Sim card.

#stayparanoid
4th August 2014, 03:32 PM |#5  
Quote:

Sure that is part of the ROM, but what you are talking about is not a ROM issue.

If it works fine with one Sim but not the other, the problem isn't with the ROM. The ROM doesn't care what Sim is installed. I can swap at&t Sim and T-Mobile Sim all day long and it will read correctly. The ROM doesn't lock to one specific Sim card.

#stayparanoid

I'm not saying that the phone won't read the sim properly. Sorry I didn't clarify, my sim works in my phone and I get a data connection abroad. It's just that there is no indicator in the status bar of the speed that the connection operates at. Mobile data is active and working.
4th August 2014, 03:36 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
I understand you but the ROM doesn't care what Sim is in it

#stayparanoid
5th August 2014, 12:33 AM |#7  
Quote:

I understand you but the ROM doesn't care what Sim is in it

#stayparanoid

Okay, do you know any way of getting this feature. Thanks for all the help.
5th August 2014, 12:44 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
I don't really know what it is you are looking for. If I insert a Sim card from another provider it shows all the info that its supposed to...

#stayparanoid
5th August 2014, 01:56 AM |#9  
Quote:

I don't really know what it is you are looking for. If I insert a Sim card from another provider it shows all the info that its supposed to...

#stayparanoid

This only happens whilst roaming. If I use a local sim card all the data speeds show up. My previous phone would show both the R symbol for roaming as well as data connection speed in the status bar 4G/3G/E. All the information is shown just not in the status bar, as you can see my dashclock extention shows HSPA+ Roaming but in the status bar it only shows the R. Unlike in the picture attached in post #3 where it shows the R for roaming as well as the data speed.

HSPA+
29th January 2016, 04:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
In case anyone in the future comes looking for an answer, I found this and it works.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...t3267154/page2
The Following User Says Thank You to systoxity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift systoxity Ad-Free
28th April 2017, 05:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

#stayparanoid

Sent from my A9 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data, feature request, paranoid : pa : tablet : hybrid, roaming, speed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)