Image grab and service question(s)

Search This thread

nikoladsp

Nov 8, 2018
Hello,
I am not sure if this topic is in the right forum, if not - feel free to move it wherever you found appropriate.

I have few questions regarding development on Android. My customer wants Android-based solution for streaming the content of the phone (entire) screen to web client(s), but I think some SBC with Linux installed will do the trick instead using the Android phone. My main concerns using Android are:

• can Android run 'standard' Linux-like daemons? Say I want service that runs 24x7 all the time, without having a fear it will be stopped by the OS
  • as I understood, grabbing thee whole screen is considered to be security risk. Does it mean I have to create my own ROM with 'system app'. If yes, can someone please point me where to find documentation/samples - I never did such thing. There also might be a need to adjust permissions to access frame buffer device or similar. I would also need some guidance on these
  • I'd like to use C++ instead of Java to grab image. Is that possible without custom system app/ROM?

Thank you in advance