I have a Xiaomi MI9 that im not particulary impressed with the miui interface so i figured, lets install a custom OS. That ended up with a device that wont boot to paranoid android, instead sends me to fastboot menu no access to TWRP. This is what i have done:
1. got access to bootloader through xiami webpage
2. Installed twrp
3. through twrp Installed Paranoid android (PA)
4. through twrp installed Gapps
5. rebooted, phone stuck and eventually got into twrp again
6. tried again, same results
7. This is where i think i ****edup, i wiped cache, data, dalvík and system
8. reinstalled PA and gapps
9. now it only boots to fastboot.
Question 1, what did i miss, why didnt it boot paranoid android?
Question 2, can i just re-do the process and install them again (given i didnt miss anything first time)
Question 3, i assumed i didnt have to root it as i was installing custom rom anyway, was that assumption correct?