FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flashed PA on my Moto G(2014), Stuck on Boot for First Boot?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By OmarQureshi, Junior Member on 29th August 2015, 10:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi.

Recently, I decided to unlock my bootloader and install TWRP onto my Moto G(2014), as I wanted to use a custom ROM. After much debate between CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android, I decided to go with ParanoidAndroid.

So today, I downloaded the ROM ZIP file, loaded it up onto my SD Card, and flashed away. After the flash, I started my phone (kinda.). The phone wouldn't start, it got stuck on the boot animation. Weird, I decided.

I turned my device off, redownloaded the ROM, put it onto my SD Card, and reflashed. Same problem, in fact, the phone is sitting right next to me as I type this, on the Paranoid Android loading screen.

I was wondering if I should keep waiting, or if this is a problem. If it's a problem, how can I solve it?

Thanks.

EDIT: New Problem. It got past the boot, but now it keeps saying "Encryption Failed". It tells me to factory restore the phone, and when I do that and restart the phone, it says the same error. It's a viscious cycle. Any help please? I completely forgot to make a backup of my original stock ROM, so I have no way to use my phone anymore. The faster the reply, the better.

Thanks.

30th August 2015, 03:17 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,855

Donate to Me
More
Hit your device forums and ask. It's a device specific issue.
15th February 2019, 06:48 PM |#3  
Flag Germantown
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I recently rooted and installed TWRP on my 2018 Moto G6 Play so I could try pixel experience pie ROM and had similar issue... I finally had to go find the factory stock ROM and reflash it to my device... Then I tried again with a custom kernal with no dm- verity from github source... That worked for me.. If you have Ann questions PM me...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DaidR41044 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaidR41044 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)