FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery Drain and Kernel Wakelocks

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kumodog, Junior Member on 17th November 2016, 06:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've had this phone for a few days now and I notice some mean battery drain that happens from time to time. I dumped a Bug Report via developer options, and used Google's Battery Historian after leaving my phone unplugged and idle overnight after a full charge and reboot. The tool seems to show that the following kernel wakeup reason seems to be the problem and holding the phone awake for over 1.5 hours:

Code:
Ranking    Name                                       Duration/Hr    Count/Hr   Total Duration  Total Count
0     Abort:Wakeup IRQ -1111803216 (null) pending     10m8s737ms     779.87     1h34m13.62s     7243
The only thing that looks remotely relevant is that on the tool WiFi signal strength became weaker when the above wakeup events started.

Has anyone else had similar issues with random battery drains like this and/or happen to know any workarounds?

17th November 2016, 10:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mine seems like it is always awake. Android OS has been keeping it awake for 8-9 while I'm at work.
17th November 2016, 06:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I tried setting wifi to stay on when sleeping when plugged in, after a full idle overnight, I used my phone in the morning and the same issue came up. The ID above was different, but generally the same problem (IRQ with no description pending). Again, it looks to be wifi related based on the battery stats in Historian. I've rebooted, charged up and turned off wifi to see if the problem goes away.
17th November 2016, 06:31 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru_ready

Mine seems like it is always awake. Android OS has been keeping it awake for 8-9 while I'm at work.

You might want to try enabling developer options and getting a bugreport generated (which has battery stats), and then visualizing it in Google's Battery Historian to see if it is the same problem. Kind of convoluted, I know, but without root, I don't know of any better way to analyze kernel wakelocks (it isn't a partial wakelock issue on my device).
18th November 2016, 04:08 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Last night I left my phone idle with wifi off and WLAN Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning off under Location Settings. The battery ran down only 2% over 9 hours and the Wakeup IRQ pending problem did not keep the phone awake!

I am going to try turning wifi back on today but keep the scanning off and see if that keeps this problem at bay. If not, I may use Tasker to force wifi off when the screen is not on and not plugged in.
21st November 2016, 07:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
The wakelocks seem to happen randomly no matter what my wifi settings are. Though I do think it is related to location settings trying to use wifi scanning.

I give up, there is no reason why a phone I just bought should be like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BatteryHistorian.png
Views:	148
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	3943957   Click image for larger version

Name:	KernelWakeLocks.png
Views:	136
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	3943958  
23rd November 2016, 02:55 AM |#7  

More
Maybe there are some apk wake up the system
@kumodog Maybe there are some apk wake up the system, you can reboot the system and kill all of application programs when you test it in night with wifi on.

After test, you can also use : "adb dumpsys alarm" in command line to find Top Alarms. it will tell you which alarm make system wakeup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)