FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nougat ROMs?

887 posts
Thanks Meter: 212

By DiamondJohn, Senior Member on 24th April 2017, 03:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
are there any custom Nogat ROMs for the xt987? I've looked hard, and can not find any myself.

I also noticed that Lineage and Mokee both have limited themselves to Marshmallow. Does anyone know a specific reason to not to go to Nougat? ie is the device hardware limited in some away (ie: apart from developer time of course)

24th May 2017, 04:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

are there any custom Nogat ROMs for the xt987? I've looked hard, and can not find any myself.

I also noticed that Lineage and Mokee both have limited themselves to Marshmallow. Does anyone know a specific reason to not to go to Nougat? ie is the device hardware limited in some away (ie: apart from developer time of course)

Lineage 14.1 is now out for the Photon Q! I upgraded a couple of days ago and only needed to restore my SMS messages, everything else remained intact. It seems a LOT faster to me than 13.0 did. However, I'm getting quite a few random reboots that I haven't been able to pinpoint to anything in particular yet, so I would recommend a good backup in case you need to switch back if you try it at this point.
24th May 2017, 09:12 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccrary

Lineage 14.1 is now out for the Photon Q! I upgraded a couple of days ago and only needed to restore my SMS messages, everything else remained intact. It seems a LOT faster to me than 13.0 did. However, I'm getting quite a few random reboots that I haven't been able to pinpoint to anything in particular yet, so I would recommend a good backup in case you need to switch back if you try it at this point.

I noticed although they were releasing weekly builds of CM-13.0, the actual github updates were all on the 14.1 branch; I actually missed it when they released a 14.1 build publicly for the first time.

I was actually looking for something a little more customized than the vanilla of pure CM. Currently I will stick with CM13.0 plus alllllll the Xposed modules I use, plus a few other fixes such as Jelly browser and latest webview. I am also building and running my own CM 13.0 from Lineage source, with an OC'd CPU (1.89GHz) and a slight OC on the GPU (480 instead of 400).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)