Lineage 14.1

Search This thread

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
I've finally decided to flip the switch, so the 14.1 nightly builds are running (though they are built only once a week, due to the current infrastructure limitations).
The official builds are signed with private keys (for good security reasons), so there's no plan to provide any unofficial builds by me, to avoid the hassle of switching between different keys.

I'd like to thank @Loader009 for the donation of his retired xt897 devices to me, it greatly helped to make the transition from 13.0 to 14.1 much less painful.

Please let me know about the issues you encounter when running 14.1. In the case of the device crashes, I need to see the output of "cat /proc/last_kmsg" from adb shell, captured after the device rebooted after the crash. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I've got it flashed on my RAZR HD XT925 JBBL with the DPI changed to 320. I bought it secondhand and it came with KKBL so I downgraded to JBBL. Most things run fine but some apps that render off the GPU like Temple Run 2 and Subway Surfs show artifacts (random black squares and multicoloured artifacts). This occurs both in Lineage OS 13.0 and 14.1, what's the cause of this to occur?

sasha19323

Nov 16, 2012
I've noticed only two problems:
1 - NFC doesn't work properly. I can't read any tag. Android Pay also says, that device is not supported to use NFC.
2 - I use 2 custom layouts for physical keyboard and hot-keys like CTRL+Space don't work. I tried to modify the layout to make it work, but it doesn't work while typing (since space key in use, maybe)

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
I just installed it yesterday after a complete wipe (and format data/cache f2fs), and think I've got it all set up the way I like except launcher, and didn't run into any real problems yet.

I can't figure out how to get the expected shift/capslock behaviour from hardware keyboard. Still playing with settings.

It didn't come with an APN for freedompop but I found that info on another thread here, before applying that I didn't get LTE, only 3G or no data at all (at the places I've been in last day or so).

I dunno anything about NFC, but Android Pay installed for me with Aroma Gapps, haven't tried using it, doubt it'll work for tap-to-pay tho, as it didn't work for the last few versions of CM either, something to do with PN544 driver or something.

Did LineageOS come with trebuchet? I ended up with only the google now launcher, but maybe my gapps install erased trebuchet, I used aroma for the first time and may have selected things wrong... this one seems I can't customize much, can't get rid of google search bar, can't set background as solid color, can't set background color of app drawer at all which is back to a grid like kitkat.

Play store says firefox not compatible... dunno why. Maybe something I didn't select right with Aroma gapps, although every other app installed fine. Totally unrelated to LineageOS or our phone, but I wish I could find an idiots guide for aroma app selection, explaining what each app is for, particularly system apps I'm not familiar with.

edit: had one reboot, also had errors about MTP host stopping pop up...

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I just installed it yesterday after a complete wipe (and format data/cache f2fs), and think I've got it all set up the way I like except launcher, and didn't run into any real problems yet.
Did LineageOS come with trebuchet? I ended up with only the google now launcher, but maybe my gapps install erased trebuchet, I used aroma for the first time and may have selected things wrong... this one seems I can't customize much, can't get rid of google search bar, can't set background as solid color, can't set background color of app drawer at all which is back to a grid like kitkat.
Trebuchet is the default launcher for LineageOS. Your Gapps deleted it. Also, if you use a smaller GApps, there is no google search bar ie its not installed. I personally use OpenGapps Pico.

Reactions: enigma9o7

J-Kos

May 18, 2017
Nightly build from 2017-07-28. Wi-Fi not working. Is it just me?

//EDIT: Tried older builds, too. Wi-Fi did not work with any of them. Flashed back to CM 11.0 and it worked again. Tried LineageOS 13.0 and Wi-Fi worked, too.

//EDIT2: Okay, I think I've figured it out. When I flashed the LineageOS 14.1 after I flashed the phone with previous versions, the Wi-Fi worked alright. It stopped working after changing File system to f2fs.

//EDIT3: Fine, I actually don't know, what happened, but I just changed the File system to f2fs again, flashed the phone with LineageOS 14.1 one more time and the Wi-Fi surprisingly works. I have absolutely no clue, why it did not work after the first flashing.

Last edited:

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Shift key not working as expected

I already posted this in a seperate thread a few days ago, but I've got no response and it's driving me crazy, and I assume anyone who is still using this device is because of the physical keyboard, so probably relevant to all.

How do restore traditional "shift" behavior? I want to be able to press then release shift, and the next key I press is shifted. Right now I have to hold shift and another key simultaneously if I want capital letters or symbols from the numbers. I think there even used to be an LED that light up when shift was pressed/released until the next keypress, although I'm more concerned about how it actually works than the led...

I've played with most of the settings on the attached screenshot, other settings only seem to make things worse, sometimes making nothing happen at all for shift, sometimes putting out garbage, sometimes messing with capslock behavior (which is working normally with these settings, although no LED either)... but I certainly haven't tried everything.

If this is standard behavior for everyone using L14.1 and not a setting, is there a file I can modify or a 3rd party app, or anything, to get behavior I want?

Attachments

• KeyboardSettings.png
    KeyboardSettings.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 220

Krlos Eduardo

Apr 6, 2015
I've got it flashed on my RAZR HD XT925 JBBL with the DPI changed to 320. I bought it secondhand and it came with KKBL so I downgraded to JBBL. Most things run fine but some apps that render off the GPU like Temple Run 2 and Subway Surfs show artifacts (random black squares and multicoloured artifacts). This occurs both in Lineage OS 13.0 and 14.1, what's the cause of this to occur?
hi

the version that you flashed in your xt925 was the oficial one released by LOS?

did u do any kind of port or mod?

J-Kos

May 18, 2017
enigma9o7: I've had the same problem sometimes back with the older builds of LineageOS 14.1. Try to clean flash it with the newest build from yesterday. I just tried to type something with the physical keyboard and the Shift button just worked "correctly".

EDIT: Okay, I think I've figured out your problem. You probably use the Asanti v2 keyboard setting. Switch it to Asanti v1 and the Shift key should work as expected.

Last edited:

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Should updates work thru the updater?

I just tried doing it, it downloaded succesfully, then rebooted into TWRP, but didn't do anything. So I tried installing myself (took me a while to find the file btw) and it failed zip signature verification. So I downloaded it on my PC, copied it over via USB, then tried again, and still fails.

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
mb886 - atrix HD - ...you can test it if is your bl unlocked and twrp installed.
Mainboard have same base - msm8960. But i am now 100% sure if your phone is bl free unlockable. if not, then you can test to unlock it via sunshine.

boofus

Jan 3, 2017
I have installed this and for a while all was fine. But I was browsing in chrome when all of a sudden it froze and the phone restarted and went into a boot loop just showing the bootloader unlocked screen. I cleared the cache and dalvik cache from TWRP, which makes it boot, but any attempt to uninstall or launch chrome makes it happen again. Now it just seems to be happening at random without even opening chrome.

How can I wipe my device completely and start again? I know I can do a factory reset, but is there a lower level way to wipe it? I also saw something about changing the filesystem, is that worth doing (can it make it a bit faster)?

I have ordered a gemini PDA that I hope will arrive by late january or sometime in february, but I need this phone to get me through a couple more months!

eyeguy616

Dec 28, 2008
Installed this a couple weeks ago, upgrading from a 4.4.4 CM after a number of apps I run on this finally dropped support. I did a complete wipe including the f2fs formats as suggested and it installed without incident.

I cannot believe how well it runs: keyboard works and lights up on pull out, turns off on close, hdmi port works, gps, camera+flash works. It really didn't lose any speed from my older install. Really well done, I was afraid there would be bigger problems but only a couple small ones so far.

The couple things I noticed: slow to get carrier signal and voice is garbled when using freedompop's dialer or google hangouts on the bottom mic. Slow signal seems normal, even 4.4.4 had this issue, though it can sometimes take a few minutes. Using a sound recorder shows the bottom mic working, but using fpop/hangouts dialer makes it garbled. Top mic, speaker phone, always works though. I don't have regular service to see is default dialer has same issue though, just freedompop free service which is just voip.

Still, this is a pretty awesome breath of life on this old thing. Ram holds it back somewhat but it's still pretty useful.

boofus

Jan 3, 2017
So I just wiped everything, repaired filesystems, and reinstalled. Data and cache were already f2fs so nothing to do there. But I noticed that during install it says:

twrp patching system unconditionally
unknown command [log]
unknown command [log]

Do I need a newer version of TWRP? I have 2.8.6. I noticed that at least 3.0 is available: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1887070

boofus

Jan 3, 2017

Thanks!

I've now installed the latest TWRP and reinstalled Lineage, gapps and su, and I didn't get any errors this time :)

But I have a really odd problem which I was hoping this would fix and it hasn't - I can't download certain applications from the play store, they say "Downloading" but they never actually start to download. Eventually either it mysteriously stops trying to download or I get an error message with code 492. It seems to be applications that are over a certain size. I've been googling but can't find any solutions that work. I have a lot of free space in all partitions. Did something with the directory structure get screwed up maybe? Seems like some problem with the dalvik cache I think, but wiping doesn't seem to help. I have no idea at this point :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've finally decided to flip the switch, so the 14.1 nightly builds are running (though they are built only once a week, due to the current infrastructure limitations).
    The official builds are signed with private keys (for good security reasons), so there's no plan to provide any unofficial builds by me, to avoid the hassle of switching between different keys.

I'd like to thank @Loader009 for the donation of his retired xt897 devices to me, it greatly helped to make the transition from 13.0 to 14.1 much less painful.

Please let me know about the issues you encounter when running 14.1. In the case of the device crashes, I need to see the output of "cat /proc/last_kmsg" from adb shell, captured after the device rebooted after the crash. Thanks in advance.
    Unofficial builds

Hi guys.
    As you have probably noticed, the Lineage 14.1 nightly builds has been discontinued
    Code:
    https://lineageos.org/Changelog-22/
    To keep receiving new monthly patches, I have decided to build my own unofficial build of Lineage 14.1. If you want to use it, you can find it here:
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#F!oBcQTQIR!7Nm1Esmkp_nyTjkPrnuXbg

I recommend doing factory reset when coming from official NIGHTLY build. But if you still want to keep your data, you should use "lineage-migration-toUNOFFICIAL.zip" (available in MEGA folder above) package in recovery before installing UNOFFICIAL build on top of official NIGHTLY (untested).

I have also been able to build AOKP nougat ROM for xt897. You can download it here:
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#F!tYFGmSoY!jouIwDIrd-hYRIYEdNnguw
    Hi,
    i'm interested to test your build.

i just compiled this one today.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gw5CvNnwpKIluRjkODn9YNRmIBM7UH7t

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Hi guys, how has the XT897 been for the last 3 years?

Just fired mine up again and checking to see what ROM's are available & running smooth/ quick?

check out the link i just posted. i'm using mine with an at&t sim card soldered in. service cuts out sometimes but pretty sure it's my rigged up sim
    I have also been able to build AOKP nougat ROM for xt897.
    I previously was using the xt897 device tree to build the following ROMs for the xt907/xt905
    • ResurrectionRemix
    • AOKP
    • crDroid
    • AICP
    • ColtOS
    And also TWRP. A ROM would take about an hour, TWRP would take < 10min to build (download of source was much longer)

FYI: Just in case you are interested in any of these, they were building successfully.
    lineage-14.1-20200724-UNOFFICIAL-xt897

New build up.
    lineage-14.1-20200724-UNOFFICIAL-xt897
    July 5, 2020 security patch

Changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1

Rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682900157

MD5sum: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682900156

Again thanks to all at Lineage who are back porting these updates.
    If anyone's interested in what it takes to backport for Nougat here's how many people work to make this happen. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_build/+/280669