RomAur-v1.8- [09/05] - [8.1_MAY]-[Pixel 2 XL]-FAST-STABLE

Search This thread

ne0ns4l4m4nder

Oct 21, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
reinstalled factory image, booted up setup phone, imprint and all, rebooted to twrp, flashed rom, screen goes black after the install, and i have to hold the power and volume down button to get it to reboot, then i get stuck with the same issue talked about above, either boots only into twrp, or i get the device corrupt issue and stuck at google screen and then restarts. Any ideas?

QAM

Hola
For those of you getting stuck with constant bootloops or boot error messages, or similar, I too have been struggling for the past few hours. The only way I was able to boot into this ROM was by ensuring that I reinstalled stock Oreo on BOTH slots. For each slot you have to go into the flash stock ROM, set it up as per normal (as if you're gonna use it as your new permanent ROM), and yes this means going through this setup process TWICE. Once you're done setting up the last slot, ONLY then can you go about and setting up TWRP recovery from fastboot, installing TWRP from .zip (and MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING), adb push ROMaur installer zip, etc. Once you're done installing ROMaur ensure that you reboot to system at least once.

Because you've setup your stock ROM properly already, when you install ROMaur you're gonna enter into ROMaur just like you would have with stock Oreo... ROMaur basically dirty flashes over your existing stock Oreo setup. The core issue seems to be these bloody partition A/B setup, causing ROM development so many issues, and in turn us regular folks grief during installations.

Quite frankly because of all the struggles I just went through, I just reverted back to using stock Oreo with flar's kernel, TWRP, and Magisk. Can't remember the last time I had so many issues with a device and I'm a person who loves to play with lots of custom ROMs and stuff. Oh well the journey continues...

MrGimpGrumble

Jun 14, 2012
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I got stuck at the black screen also but once I turned off the phone and turned it back on it went to g loading screen and then booted up.

Thanks, I've tried this as well but I have never seen it finish boot without going to twrp or boot error screen...

I have also tried flashing a custom kernel that didn't work either... Seen this rom doesn't like my phone ?

quinejh

reinstalled factory image, booted up setup phone, imprint and all, rebooted to twrp, flashed rom, screen goes black after the install, and i have to hold the power and volume down button to get it to reboot, then i get stuck with the same issue talked about above, either boots only into twrp, or i get the device corrupt issue and stuck at google screen and then restarts. Any ideas?
Adjust the screen timeout in TWRP and that will fix the timeout issue in TWRP. I had a biotloop with first install I reflashed stock set up Google and fingerprint then rebooted TWRP and 8nstalled the to.. all is great

eqbirvin

Apr 6, 2012
Colorado
Google Pixel Fold
It's awesome to see this for 2XL!!
I had a few questions:
why magisk 14.5?
What init.d scripts did you implement?
What did you do to improve scroll speed, camera opening, touch and speed, WiFi and signal reception, and faster app switching? Were they all edits to the build.prop or were they deeper in the system tweaks? (just curious because I want to learn about improvements for personal knowledge)
What are the build.prop edits you did make?
And finally,
What we're the CPU governor tweaks you did? Faster ramp down time?

Last edited:
Hola
For those of you getting stuck with constant bootloops or boot error messages, or similar, I too have been struggling for the past few hours. The only way I was able to boot into this ROM was by ensuring that I reinstalled stock Oreo on BOTH slots. For each slot you have to go into the flash stock ROM, set it up as per normal (as if you're gonna use it as your new permanent ROM), and yes this means going through this setup process TWICE. Once you're done setting up the last slot, ONLY then can you go about and setting up TWRP recovery from fastboot, installing TWRP from .zip (and MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING), adb push ROMaur installer zip, etc. Once you're done installing ROMaur ensure that you reboot to system at least once.

Because you've setup your stock ROM properly already, when you install ROMaur you're gonna enter into ROMaur just like you would have with stock Oreo... ROMaur basically dirty flashes over your existing stock Oreo setup. The core issue seems to be these bloody partition A/B setup, causing ROM development so many issues, and in turn us regular folks grief during installations.

Quite frankly because of all the struggles I just went through, I just reverted back to using stock Oreo with flar's kernel, TWRP, and Magisk. Can't remember the last time I had so many issues with a device and I'm a person who loves to play with lots of custom ROMs and stuff. Oh well the journey continues...
I did all this still device corrupt error..I flashed stock 8.1 on both slots using fastboot --set-active=_a or _b...

Anyone who got this ROM flashed successfully..can you share your installation steps?

Last edited:

Moostafa29

Aug 19, 2013
Hayward, CA
Hola

After somewhere between 3-4 hours of trying to install this ROM, I stumbled across this post. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! In order for me to install this ROM, I had to follow this process. Some might not have to, but many will. For those of you having issues, try this and enjoy.

To the original poster, thank you so much for your hard work! It's not fault of your own the issues that many are having.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I did all this still device corrupt error..I flashed stock 8.1 on both slots using fastboot --set-active=_a or _b...

Anyone who got this ROM flashed successfully..can you share your installation steps?

i ran the flash-all.sh from latest factory img in fastboot.. then did fastboot -w (i wanted to start fresh)... rebooted to stock.. fastboot boot twrp.img.. flashed romit rebooted back to fastboot a few times so i flashed it to the otherslot then it booted

Reactions: CyberpodS2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RomAur Stock_FW_May_ OPM2.171019.029.B1

- Fully de-odexed
    - Zipaligned with sdk R22.0.1
    - Busybox
    - Init.d scripts
    - SQLlite3
    - Magisk v14.5 ( WILL PATCH DTBO TO WRITE ON VENDOR PARTITION )
    - Enabled usb debugging
    - Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
    - Disable sending data and logging
    - Faster scrolling
    - Improved touch and speed
    - Faster open camera app
    - Increased camera picture quality
    - Forced image quality to 100 for better photos
    - Speed optimizations
    - Disabled Scrolling Cache
    - Improved touch and speed
    - Excellent battery life
    - Better wifi and data signal reception
    - Faster app switching
    - Some build.prop tweaks to improve battery life
    - CPU Governor optimizations for better battery life and performance
    - Optimized dalvik-cache
    - Disabled signature check
    - Very fast, clean and stable

- Mods :
    - Volume boost (enabled voice call both spekers too)
    - Disabled carrier text on lockscreen
    - Disabled mobile data confirm dialog
    - 36 dpi navbar
    - Single tap on app icon recents to show app info
    - Added caffeine tile
    - Added HeadsUp tile
    - Remove QS with one click
    - 3Minit Battery Mod
    - Xposed Framework
    - ViPER4Android v2.5.0.5
    - Adaway

- Rom Control ---
    - Enable- Disable Heads Up Notifications
    - Volume Cursor
    - Immersive Mode
    - Change sound when pressing the volume buttons
    - Increase the sensitivity of the touch screen
    - Battery bar settings
    - Networkspeed on statusbar
    - Immersive recents
    - Force expanded notifications
    - Disable media art
    - Hide statusbar on the lock screen
    - Customize Recents Panel
    - HeadsUp timeout and snooze option
    - Qs pull down with one finger from right side and smart pulldown
    - Recents clear all button options
    - Clock options
    - Qs columns and rows options
    - Show charging current and voltage on lockscreen
    - Longpress back to Kill app
    - Toast Animation
    - Screen off animations
    - Scroll animation
    - Clicking on the clock locks the screen
    - Option to disable scrolling cache
    - QS Tiles(reboot-recovery,compas,ambient display,always-on display)
    - QS animation,text color,fonts tiles
    - QS Panel transparency
    - Navigation bar background settings
    - Lockscreen universal widget

- Sony-Apps-Framework ---
    - Frameworks and libs
    - Xperia home launcher
    - Clock widgets
    - Photo widgets
    - Contacts widgets
    - Wheater widget
    You can install and update any sony app from playstore

- Rom Download :

RomAur_v1.8_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA

Magisk v14.5

- HOW TO INSTALL THIS ROM :

1 - Installed Stock OPM2.171019.029.B1
    FLASH THIS USING deuce SCRIPT WITHOUT WIPE
    FINISH SETUP AND WITH TWRP INSTALLED MAKE A FULL WIPE IF YOU WANT
    THE SAME STEPS IF YOU COME FROM RomAur
    2 - Installed TWRP
    3 - Copy rom to sdcard
    4 - Copy magisk v14.5 to sdcard
    5 - Enter to recovery
    6 - Make a backup
    7 - DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM OR DATA
    8 - Check if you are on slot_a
    9 - Install Rom
    10 - - Install magisk v14.5
    11 - Reboot
    12 - Reboot again
    13 - Enjoy

DO NOT UPDATE MAGISK

- Changelog

RomAur_v1.8_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 09/05
    -Reworked RomControl app
    -QS Tiles(reboot-recovery,compas,ambient display,always-on display)
    -QS animation,text color,fonts tiles
    -QS Panel transparency
    -New battery bar with more options
    -Battery settings-you can choose stock or custom
    -Navigation bar background settings
    -Lockscreen universal widget
    -Enabled all rotations on settings
    -More animation scale on settings

RomAur_v1.7_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 06/04
    -Based on OPM2.171019.029
    -Add option to disable scrolling cache
    -Unlock with fingerprint after reboot

RomAur_v1.6_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 07/03

-Based on stock Mar OPM1.171019.0.21
    -Framework fully deodexed
    -Clicking on the clock locks the screen
    -Screen off animations
    -Scroll animation

SEE HOW TO INSTALL

RomAur_v1.5_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 22/02

-Fixed HeadsUp timeout and snooze option
    -Qs pull down with one finger from right side and smart pulldown
    -Clear all button options
    -Clock with show data options
    -Qs columns and rows options
    -Show charging current and voltage on lockscreen

RomAur_v1.4_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 12/02

-Fixed fingerprint bug
    -Fixed SystemUI crashing when pulling notification bar

RomAur_v1.3_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 07/02

-Based on OPM1.171019.018 FEB
    -Longpress back to Kill app
    -Toast Animation
    -Disabled mobile data confirm dialog
    -Statusbar clock with hide,right or left option
    -Remove QS with one click
    -Single tap on app icon recents to show app info
    -Added caffeine tile
    -Added HeadsUp tile
    -Added HeadsUp timeout and snooze option

RomAur_v1.2_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 28/01
    -Fixed pip maps,youtube
    -Option to disable media art
    -Option to force expanded notifications
    -Immersive recents
    -Reduced the setTransactions
    -More window animation scale

RomAur_v1.1_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 24/01
    -Updated xposed to v90 beta-2
    -Kernel and dtbo installing on slot_a and _b
    -Reworked RomControl app
    -Option to hide statusbar on the lock screen- (romcontrol)
    -Added clock settings on stock and center- (romcontrol)
    -Option to install 3minit and center clock- (aroma)
    -New network traffic- (romcontrol)
    -Recents panel with (Matrix animation,Blur effect,RAM Bar,Quick Launch Toolbar)- (romcontrol)

RomAur_v1.0_Pixel 2 XL_AROMA 20/01
    -Initial release

Credits :

SuperR ( for kitchen tool )

4pda ( for guides and tutorials )

tdunham ( for guides and tutorials )

asc1977 ( for guides and tutorials )

daxgirl ( for RomControl )

venkat kamesh ( for guides and tutorials )

viper4android

NOTE

- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY CAUSE YOUR DEVICE

- If you appreciate my work qualifies with 5 stars

- If you appreciate my work and dedication

Feel free to donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    RomAur for the Pixel 2 XL, ROM for the Google Pixel 2 XL

Contributors
    auras76
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-20

Created 2018-01-20
    Last Updated 2018-05-09
    I really appreciate your effort and am enjoying the ROM.

Have a beer/coffee/whatever on me.

Confirmation number: 7YY35032CJ633502G
    I'm on slot b and as op says to check if you are on slot a then flash
    How do i go about that

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

Boot into TWRP, the initial menu gives you the following folders to chose from: install, wipe, backup, restore, mount, settings, advanced and reboot. Touch the reboot folder, inside you will be able to see what boot you are currently loading from it states the current slot in the middle of the screen. If your current slot is B and you are wanting to switch over to boot from slot A, simply click the box that says Slot A, this will change your current active slot from slot B to slot A. From this point flash the rom.

on a side note, if you are having trouble getting this rom to flash and boot, try my method, this has yet to not work for me regardless of what slot i am booting from. Start out with January 8.1 stock. on your phone have the following files. The ROM from the OPs post on page 1. A customer Kernel, i personally would recommend the Kiriskura-Kernel, it flashes clean every time and has touch for TWRP built into the Kernel, where as if you flash this ROM are not successful and not near a computer you will not be able to use TWRP to restore your previous backup as you will have no touch screen control when your device boots back into twrp. Next file to have on the device is TWRP beta 2 and finally Magisk-v15.3. now that you have the files you will need do the following.

1. From your Device: Boot into twrp
    2. Flash: RomAur_v1.0_Pixel+2+XL.zip **After this finishes flashing do not restart your device, go back into your install folder and flash the following**
    3. Flash: Kirisakura_WAHOO_1.0.7.zip
    4. Flash: twrp-pixel2-installer-taimen-3.2.1-0.zip
    5. Flash: Magisk-v15.3(1531).zip
    6. Reboot

This has yet to fail me, all the files referenced are in threads in this section. good luck
    I flashed RomAur this evening. I have been a little hesitant to flash since I have been reading in this thread and Carbon all the problems people have encountered. I was amazed at how simple and easy this was. It took maybe 15-20 minutes. It is really straight forward and works. No problems whatsoever. And the RomAur looks really awesome. Running the newest Flash Kernel; the phone is so much faster than stock. I got to say I am loving the new Pixel, and all the development. Thank you so much auras76, nathanchance, deuces, and Dees_Troy, and of course topjohnwu. I am so happy to have all these talented people creating so many cool things. I wish I had the education and skills to help but I do not. Thank you to you all for your amazing work.