LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What's not working
- Active Edge
- Device themes can be a bit buggy when applying
- MindTheGapps or OpenGapps must be reflashed after updating the ROM if using gapps
- Feel free to report any other issues you may encounter with relevant logs
NOTE: If you are coming from an older build of Lineage OS not produced by me, you must wipe your phone when updating! Your phone won't boot otherwise!
- Download the latest supported Android P Factory Images, Lineage OS build, TWRP installer and Gapps zip
- Execute ./flash-all.sh (Unix) or flash-all.bat (Windows) inside the extracted factory image archive.
- Fastboot into TWRP recovery
- Swipe to Factory Reset
- Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
- Flash the latest TWRP installer
- Reboot to recovery in TWRP (this will reboot you into the other slot)
- Flash the latest MindTheGapps / OpenGapps zip (optional)
- Flash a custom kernel (optional)
- Flash Magisk / su-addon zip (optional)
- Reboot to system
Update to the latest factory images and repeat steps 5 - 6 if you flashed the build with pixel gapps, or steps 5 - 11 if you are using the build without pixel gapps. Ensure if you flashed MindTheGapps or OpenGapps in step 8 that you reflash gapps when updating your ROM!
- Latest Lineage OS 16 Download (2019-09-11)
- Latest Lineage OS 16 with Pixel Gapps Download (2019-09-11)
- Pixel Factory Images (PQ3A.190801.002)
- MindTheGapps (recommended) or OpenGapps for arm64 (optional)
- TWRP for Pixel 2 XL
- su-addon or Magisk
How do these builds differ from Lineage OS trees?
My trees are forked directly from the taimen / wahoo Lineage OS trees and updated to the latest sources provided by Google with a few extra enhancements cherry-picked along the way.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log and ensure you are not using Sultan Kernel or any other custom kernel that disables CONFIG_AUDIT.
- LineageOS Team