LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.
NOTE: Pixel gapps are included! Since this is a very early build of Lineage OS 17 there are a few bugs that need to be fixed and this build is not a stable experience yet. Most notably, with an enforcing kernel, we get constant SystemUI crashes. Sultan was able to resolve this but his quick and dirty fix has led to Lineage Settings crashing constantly. Due to this, I will be distributing a build with an enforcing kernel with broken Lineage Settings (for now) and a permissive build which doesn't encounter the same issues.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What's not working
- Over a few hours, the notification panel and lockscreen become increasingly laggy and unusable. Seems to be particularly induced by media playback. This can be resolved be restarting every few hours
- SafetyNet (CTS and Basic Integrity) isn't passing at the moment
- Multitasking UI is consistently buggy and puts icons too low on the dock
- Lineage Settings (eg. Trust) doesn't launch (enforcing build only)
- Active Edge
- Feel free to report any other issues you may encounter with relevant logs
- Download the latest supported Android Q Factory Images, Lineage OS build and TWRP installer
- Execute ./flash-all.sh (Unix) or flash-all.bat (Windows) inside the extracted factory image archive.
- Fastboot into TWRP recovery
- Swipe to Factory Reset
- Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
- Flash the latest TWRP installer
- Reboot to recovery in TWRP (this will reboot you into the other slot)
- Flash a custom kernel (optional)
- Flash Magisk / su-addon zip (optional)
- Reboot to system
Update to the latest factory images and repeat steps 5 - 10.
- Latest Lineage OS 17 Permissive Download (2019-10-17)
- Latest Lineage OS 17 Enforcing Download (2019-10-17)
- Pixel Factory Images (QP1A.191005.007.A1)
- TWRP for Pixel 2 XL
- su-addon or Magisk
How do these builds differ from Lineage OS trees?
My trees are forked directly from the wahoo Lineage OS trees and updated to the latest sources provided by Google with a few extra enhancements cherry-picked along the way.
- Flash the provided stock kernel and grab a logcat in terminal by entering Code:
su -c "logcat -d > /sdcard/Download/logcat.log"
- If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- LineageOS Team