FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][TAIMEN][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 17 [October 17, 2019]

622 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,380

By Eamo5, Senior Member on 17th October 2019, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

NOTE: Pixel gapps are included! Since this is a very early build of Lineage OS 17 there are a few bugs that need to be fixed and this build is not a stable experience yet. Most notably, with an enforcing kernel, we get constant SystemUI crashes. Sultan was able to resolve this but his quick and dirty fix has led to Lineage Settings crashing constantly. Due to this, I will be distributing a build with an enforcing kernel with broken Lineage Settings (for now) and a permissive build which doesn't encounter the same issues.

What's working
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led

What's not working
  • Over a few hours, the notification panel and lockscreen become increasingly laggy and unusable. Seems to be particularly induced by media playback. This can be resolved be restarting every few hours
  • SafetyNet (CTS and Basic Integrity) isn't passing at the moment
  • Multitasking UI is consistently buggy and puts icons too low on the dock
  • Lineage Settings (eg. Trust) doesn't launch (enforcing build only)
  • Active Edge
  • Feel free to report any other issues you may encounter with relevant logs

Installation
  1. Download the latest supported Android Q Factory Images, Lineage OS build and TWRP installer
  2. Execute ./flash-all.sh (Unix) or flash-all.bat (Windows) inside the extracted factory image archive.
  3. Fastboot into TWRP recovery
  4. Swipe to Factory Reset
  5. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
  6. Flash the latest TWRP installer
  7. Reboot to recovery in TWRP (this will reboot you into the other slot)
  8. Flash a custom kernel (optional)
  9. Flash Magisk / su-addon zip (optional)
  10. Reboot to system

Updates

Update to the latest factory images and repeat steps 5 - 10.

Downloads

How do these builds differ from Lineage OS trees?

My trees are forked directly from the wahoo Lineage OS trees and updated to the latest sources provided by Google with a few extra enhancements cherry-picked along the way.

Reporting Bugs
  • Flash the provided stock kernel and grab a logcat in terminal by entering
    Code:
    su -c "logcat -d > /sdcard/Download/logcat.log"
    right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Credits
  • Sultanxda
  • razorloves
  • Lunarixus
  • LineageOS Team
  • DirtyUnicorns

Source
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Eamo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eamo5 Ad-Free
17th October 2019, 05:02 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,380

Donate to Me
More
Changelog

17/10/19
  • Initial release
  • October ASB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eamo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eamo5 Ad-Free
17th October 2019, 06:34 AM |#3  
Flag Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 834

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for keeping our Pixel 2 XLs alive!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBrady For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrBrady Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 07:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for keeping our pixel alive when the next update to fix all these errors greeting I would like to make a donation for this project.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Thank you for keeping our pixel alive when the next update to fix all these errors greeting I would like to make a donation for this project.
The Following User Says Thank You to ismael47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ismael47 Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 10:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'll definitely be watching this project. While I wont install it for now due to the few bugs it does have, I'm sure all of you have done a great job so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to zook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zook Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 11:47 PM |#7  
Flag Camarillo, CA USA (Don't blame me; I didn't vote for tRump)
Thanks Meter: 382

More
Can't wait to try 17! Thank you very much for supporting our phones.
23rd October 2019, 01:26 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Will be watching development keenly and will jump in once it's more stable. Cheers for doing this bud. 😉
26th October 2019, 06:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
i tried the permissive version, couldn't ever get it to boot up.... wonder if it's the version of TWRP i was using (3.3.0.0) i might have to try an older version... i did see some permission errors during the install... (should have taken a picture) i'm prob. headed back to your lineage 16 build for now... thanks for this though... really looking forward to it. thanks

just a side note about TWRP - really wish they would disable the screen timeout option by default.....
i'm flashing lineage 16.... screen goes black.... can't get it back on at all.... had to force reboot and start over....
that's happened on a LOT of other phones too (i've been using cyanogenmod a LONG time).... aggrivating default feature (just a suggestion to maybe put in any future instructions to go into TWRP settings and disable that crap) / rant over lol sorry
26th October 2019, 06:54 AM |#10  
Flag edmonton
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailx

i tried the permissive version, couldn't ever get it to boot up.... wonder if it's the version of TWRP i was using (3.3.0.0) i might have to try an older version... i did see some permission errors during the install... (should have taken a picture) i'm prob. headed back to your lineage 16 build for now... thanks for this though... really looking forward to it. thanks

just a side note about TWRP - really wish they would disable the screen timeout option by default.....
i'm flashing lineage 16.... screen goes black.... can't get it back on at all.... had to force reboot and start over....
that's happened on a LOT of other phones too (i've been using cyanogenmod a LONG time).... aggrivating default feature (just a suggestion to maybe put in any future instructions to go into TWRP settings and disable that crap) / rant over lol sorry

That and the TWRP app installer. That'll mess things up in a hurry if you swipe it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edmontonchef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Edmontonchef Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 05:13 PM |#11  
Flag Cortland
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
This Rom is legit.
Running wahoo kernel
Magisk mod FDE.AI
Thank you devs.
Can't wait for update.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread