FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT -Google Pixel 2 XL- Drivers,Unlock,Firmware,Root

12,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,054

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 8th November 2017, 09:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2017, 07:09 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
great tool! just bought the premium version and will immediatley root my pixel =)

5th December 2017, 08:22 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
will i be able to backup apps and data to PC without rooting/unlocking bootloader?

Thanks.
5th December 2017, 01:35 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousif666

will i be able to backup apps and data to PC without rooting/unlocking bootloader?

Thanks.

I would think so. In fact, the "free" version probably supports that. All you would need to do is enable USB Debugging in the Developers Options of your phone.
5th December 2017, 08:14 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
The toolkit isn't unlocking my phone. I have debugging and OEM unlocking turned on. When I do the steps it says I'm already unlocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	4353209  
7th December 2017, 05:46 AM |#115  
Flag The Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,486

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys I had followed most of the instructions from op and thread but twrp wouldn't work for me when rebooting to it even though my drive is unlocked and was rooted but after trying to install/flash it again (twrp 3.1.1. beta) I seem to brick my device or well it's stuck on bootloop and now I don't have a stock rom or files on my device smh so how can I get back the stock rom without using fastboot flashing the stock image from Google since I have issues trying to use it on my PC ?☹️ Thanks.

Edit: Nvm i flashed the google stock 8.0 image/zip and it booted to android....
8th December 2017, 03:30 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
@mskip

Mark, tried flashing 8.1, got error message while flashing bootloader to currently active spot b. About critical unlock.
Please advice, thank you.
9th December 2017, 02:30 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
@mskip I donated but did not receive a code and the link generates a blank response. GooglePixel2XL
9th December 2017, 04:15 AM |#118  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Life Saver!
@mskip

Just wanted to let you know that this tool saved my P2XL from being a "paper weight"!
I tried every tool, trick and script to no avail but someone suggested your tool and I thought
spending a few bucks better than loosing a Grand!
It took me two "Flash Run" to get my beloved P2XL back to the world of living!
Thank you.
Yesterday, 07:20 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
I just got mine today and updated to oreo 8.1. Will this work with 8.1? Thx
Yesterday, 08:12 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
@mskip: I received my pixel 2xl last week and the first thing I did was give it the toolkit treatment. As with any other phone I used your toolkit with, it was a walk in the park.

This week 8.1 has been released. On other forums here on XDA, I found several (often confusingly different) methods on how to update, all involving adb commands. As I'm a lazy bugger who likes things easy (hey, that's why I keep buying your toolkit ) would you mind explaining in detail how to update to 8.1 using the toolkit? I think other users would find this useful as well.

FWIW, I'm on the November build, Magisk rooted (14.5) and with Adaway and jrummy busybox installed. If I'm not mistaken my recovery is still stock.

Thanks.
Yesterday, 09:30 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMozz

@mskip: I received my pixel 2xl last week and the first thing I did was give it the toolkit treatment. As with any other phone I used your toolkit with, it was a walk in the park.

This week 8.1 has been released. On other forums here on XDA, I found several (often confusingly different) methods on how to update, all involving adb commands. As I'm a lazy bugger who likes things easy (hey, that's why I keep buying your toolkit ) would you mind explaining in detail how to update to 8.1 using the toolkit? I think other users would find this useful as well.

FWIW, I'm on the November build, Magisk rooted (14.5) and with Adaway and jrummy busybox installed. If I'm not mistaken my recovery is still stock.

Thanks.

You have to have bootloader unlocked critical, download factory 8.1 image, place it in the put factory image folder in the toolkit directory, use option 9,2 to flash it, say no to format data, if you want to keep it.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemagrp

You have to have bootloader unlocked critical, download factory 8.1 image, place it in the put factory image folder in the toolkit directory, use option 9,2 to flash it, say no to format data, if you want to keep it.

Or download ota image, put in the sideload folder in the toolkit directory, and use option 10.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemagrp

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Or download ota image, put in the sideload folder in the toolkit directory, and use option 10.

To root after you update to 8.1,
just boot to twrp.img, dont flash it, then flash magisk 14.5 modified and restart.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3708555
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)