FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT -Google Pixel 2 XL- Drivers,Unlock,Firmware,Root

12,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,054

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 8th November 2017, 09:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2017, 05:31 PM |#11  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I am unable to boot to anything but the bootloader. Every attempt to use this to re-flash stock 8.0, it fails. It shows that my device is not set and returns to the main menu. Am I missing something??

8th November 2017, 05:47 PM |#12  
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhoard

I am unable to boot to anything but the bootloader. Every attempt to use this to re-flash stock 8.0, it fails. It shows that my device is not set and returns to the main menu. Am I missing something??

Had similar issues until I updated Android Tools.
They've just been updated for Pixel 2's. The older versions and 'Minimal' ADB packs do not work on Pixel 2's.
8th November 2017, 05:49 PM |#13  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbsheldon

Had similar issues until I updated Android Tools.
They've just been updated for Pixel 2's. The older versions and 'Minimal' ADB packs do not work on Pixel 2's.

Where and how do I install the most current? Also, I have the Pixel 2 XL, if that matters.
8th November 2017, 05:58 PM |#14  
Flag Anaheim, CA

More
Quote:

Where and how do I install the most current? Also, I have the Pixel 2 XL, if that matters.

This'll do it:

https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
8th November 2017, 06:00 PM |#15  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Quote:

This'll do it:
https://developer.android.com/studio...orm-tools.htm

Comes up with page not found.
8th November 2017, 06:01 PM |#16  
Flag Anaheim, CA

More
Quote:

Comes up with page not found.

Try new link for it: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelbsheldon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michaelbsheldon Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 06:03 PM |#17  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Quote:

Try new link for it: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

So just install this and then run SkipSoft ToolKit?
8th November 2017, 06:21 PM |#18  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 101

More
thanks for the great tools. I got the Ultimate version
8th November 2017, 07:18 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:

I had the same problem. I am updating the android studio as recommended (thank you @michaelbsheldon) as we speak and I'll try and report back.

So I just download the android studio from the site and don't run it correct? All should be good once it is installed?

Amazing continued work by @mskip by the way! Awesome tool! I have been using it for 4 phones now.
8th November 2017, 07:51 PM |#20  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDROIDS

I had the same problem. I am updating the android studio as recommended (thank you @michaelbsheldon) as we speak and I'll try and report back.

So I just download the android studio from the site and don't run it correct? All should be good once it is installed?

Amazing continued work by @mskip by the way! Awesome tool! I have been using it for 4 phones now.

I had a couple of issues while installing. However, I was able to get it to install. After rebooting my PC, I still can not get it to flash stock.
8th November 2017, 08:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I rebooted after installing the updated android studio but still can not get it to flash the November update. It recognizes my device and I was able to unlock bootloader but when I try to flash OTA it still says "device not set". I am not sure what to do now. I am searching forums but in the meantime if anyone has suggestions they would be welcomed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)