FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT -Google Pixel 2 XL- Drivers,Unlock,Firmware,Root

12,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,054

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 8th November 2017, 09:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2017, 08:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I rebooted after installing the updated android studio but still can not get it to flash the November update. It recognizes my device and I was able to unlock bootloader but when I try to flash OTA it still says "device not set". I am not sure what to do now. I am searching forums but in the meantime if anyone has suggestions they would be welcomed.

8th November 2017, 08:10 PM |#22  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDROIDS

I rebooted after installing the updated android studio but still can not get it to flash the November update. It recognizes my device and I was able to unlock bootloader but when I try to flash OTA it still says "device not set". I am not sure what to do now. I am searching forums but in the meantime if anyone has suggestions they would be welcomed.

Same with mine! I have even run the flash-all script. For whatever reason, I am missing the boot.sig, recovery.img, system.sig, and vendor.sig.
8th November 2017, 08:12 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 6,022

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbsheldon

Had similar issues until I updated Android Tools.
They've just been updated for Pixel 2's. The older versions and 'Minimal' ADB packs do not work on Pixel 2's.

Minimal adb and fastoot is working fine for me.
8th November 2017, 08:15 PM |#24  
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus

Minimal adb and fastoot is working fine for me.

Bet you haven't tried to flash newest Nov factory image.
Older fastboot before Oct 25 will not successfully flash.
I'm sure.
8th November 2017, 08:17 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 6,022

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbsheldon

Bet you haven't tried to flash newest Nov factory image.
Older fastboot before Oct 25 will not successfully flash.
I'm sure.

You got me there Ive only used it to flash boot images
8th November 2017, 08:22 PM |#26  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Hopefully these pics will spark some suggestions on fixing my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_131110.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	4327028   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_131100.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	4327029   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171108_130958.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	4327030  
8th November 2017, 09:37 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhoard

Hopefully these pics will spark some suggestions on fixing my phone.

I was having fun with mine coming up corrupted and not being able to flash the stock image back. I fixed it by using the 8.1 developer image. After it boots use the update that reverts it back to stock and it will boot fine.
Follow this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...eview-t3695306
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krweby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krweby Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 10:06 PM |#28  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krweby

I was having fun with mine coming up corrupted and not being able to flash the stock image back. I fixed it by using the 8.1 developer image. After it boots use the update that reverts it back to stock and it will boot fine.
Follow this

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!! Booting up!!! Thank you SOOOOO much!!!
8th November 2017, 10:19 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krweby

Follow this

You "used" the 8.1 image. So does that mean you downloaded the 8.1 zip file and side loaded it and flashed it? Thank you.
8th November 2017, 10:23 PM |#30  
Flag Valparaiso

More
Quote:

[/COLOR]

You "used" the 8.1 image. So does that mean you downloaded the 8.1 zip file and side loaded it and flashed it? Thank you.

I just downloaded the file it linked to. Unzipped it. Ran the bat file.
The Following User Says Thank You to chadhoard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chadhoard Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 10:27 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:

[/COLOR]

Follow the directions in the link. Yes it is the 8.1 dev image. Once it loads go through the setup skip everything just connect to wifi. Go into system click the check for update. It should show that at the top that you opted out of the dev program and the update will take you back to stock image using ota. Install and it should get you back to the stock image.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhoard

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!! Booting up!!! Thank you SOOOOO much!!!

Your welcome. No problem. Glad I could help. I suspect it has something to do with flashing to the a/b slot. I haven't had to deal with that before since I just came from a Nexus 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to krweby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krweby Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)