really need your advises before buying

Search This thread

Chouiyekh

Jun 15, 2015
Tangier
hi guys,
i'm about to buy a pixel 2 xl, but i'm so frustrated, i heard there is a problem "blue tint" on the screen, i need you guys to give me some advice before buying the phone, all the things you know.
thank you !

sri4xda

Nov 25, 2009
chennai
hi guys,
i'm about to buy a pixel 2 xl, but i'm so frustrated, i heard there is a problem "blue tint" on the screen, i need you guys to give me some advice before buying the phone, all the things you know.
thank you !

Regarding blue tint issue reported, it is over hyped.

Color shift in OLED screen is common when viewed at different angles. Even on my S9+ i could see color shift if viewed at very slant angle. It is hardly noticeable in regular use and never appear when we look at screen directly which is what we do daily.

What are the other options are you considering?

Pixel 2 XL is great and I bought it recently. Battery life is excellent much better than s9+.

Reactions: Namolas

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
I believe blue tint varies from device to device, mine hardly has any. However, even if you get one that does have it a bit more, how often are you really looking at your device off-axis anyway?

Another thing to keep in mind, the Pixel 3 is most likely going to be announced in October; just something to take note of!

Reactions: Badger50

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I pre-ordered mine, and have had it since 10/26/17.
Blue shift...meh, minimal at best from my eyes.
I've run stock + root, plus a few of the custom roms without issue. I've had absolutely zero problems with mine since day 1. I get stellar battery life, and it's smooth and fast day to day. I also like the "timely" monthly updates, and the Dev and community support has been stellar! Having said all that, like Rickysidhu said, the 3 is probably coming out in 5 months, so you may want to wait. However, if you can find one on the cheap, it certainly wouldn't be a bad deal at all. And there is my 2 pennies worth ???

Reactions: rickysidhu_

naiku

Mar 10, 2008
I had similar concerns, started a poll and got an almost unanimous response that the problems are nothing to worry about.

Had my 2XL about a week, no blue tint or any other issues currently. It's a nice phone, wish it had a couple things that my Samsung had, but it being unlocked and not loaded with junk I can't remove more than makes up for it.

v1ks

Jan 28, 2011
London
Google Pixel 6
if it helps, i got a second hand one on the weekend and really liking it. its slick,fast, haven't seen any issues with tint etc. I would def recommend it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys,
    thank you !

Regarding blue tint issue reported, it is over hyped.

Color shift in OLED screen is common when viewed at different angles. Even on my S9+ i could see color shift if viewed at very slant angle. It is hardly noticeable in regular use and never appear when we look at screen directly which is what we do daily.

What are the other options are you considering?

Pixel 2 XL is great and I bought it recently. Battery life is excellent much better than s9+.
    Bluetint has been pretty much fixed with all the monthly updates since the release of the pixel XL 2, custom kernels, etc...
    I believe blue tint varies from device to device, mine hardly has any. However, even if you get one that does have it a bit more, how often are you really looking at your device off-axis anyway?

Another thing to keep in mind, the Pixel 3 is most likely going to be announced in October; just something to take note of!
    I pre-ordered mine, and have had it since 10/26/17.
    Blue shift...meh, minimal at best from my eyes.
    I've run stock + root, plus a few of the custom roms without issue. I've had absolutely zero problems with mine since day 1. I get stellar battery life, and it's smooth and fast day to day. I also like the "timely" monthly updates, and the Dev and community support has been stellar! Having said all that, like Rickysidhu said, the 3 is probably coming out in 5 months, so you may want to wait. However, if you can find one on the cheap, it certainly wouldn't be a bad deal at all. And there is my 2 pennies worth ???