Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2019, 11:03 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6,612

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhaarthm

Ah yeah, it's probably because I hadn't enabled it until that time. Here's a fresh screenie

Well done my friend! Your methodology worked like a charm! Nice find brother
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 11:21 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Glad that I could help guys V4A has always been a must have for me so I definitely understood the urgency of you guys that couldn't get it going.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1dopewrx05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1dopewrx05 Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 11:23 PM |#23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dopewrx05

Glad that I could help guys V4A has always been a must have for me so I definitely understood the urgency of you guys that couldn't get it going.

Oh crap my friend! I'm sorry for not recognizing you as well. Well done brother. Very grateful for your find
The Following User Says Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 12:38 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Guys what do you like about viper?
I'm asking what are the main things it does?
6th September 2019, 03:34 AM |#25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdrum2009

Guys what do you like about viper?
I'm asking what are the main things it does?

For me personally, it just makes your music sound better, and helps to increase the system volume when watching YouTube, spotify, or my videos
6th September 2019, 05:44 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
@1dopewrx05 - omg I freakin love you! Thanks for this!
The Following User Says Thank You to cc101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cc101 Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 06:43 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
There is also the thread below with similar instructions and a profile for the 2 XL's stereo speakers. Viper with Android 10 working great. Been using it since beta 5.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...eaker-t3919285
7th September 2019, 09:56 PM |#28  
Developer & Moderator Committees, and More
Wrong Side of Heaven, Righteous Side of Hell
Thanks Meter: 8,587

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dopewrx05

Ok, here's what you gotta do to get it to work, this is the ONLY method I've had consistently work for me from beta 3-public release(did it an hour ago and worked perfectly)

First, uninstall any viper you have also make sure you completely uninstall audio modification library if you have it installed, not disable, uninstall it and reboot after uninstalling what I've listed.

After you're all booted back up, install viper from labs (link in this thread)(Also, forget about compatibility mode, don't use it) now open viper but do NOT install the driver yet, just open the application then go to magisk and install audio modification library but dont let magisk reboot the phone after it installs. Once installation completed, go back to viper and install the driver and let it reboot. Once booted, go straight to magisk and DISABLE audio modification library (uncheck the box next to it if you dont get what I mean) don't uninstall it. After disabling AML head back to viper and install the driver again. Now once rebooted is the moment of truth, if you open viper and its installed you're obviously done but if it's not installed you have to take this next step: don't install the driver just yet, go to magisk and re-enable AML then back to viper and install the driver. I don't see why this would not work for you guys, I know this isn't the easiest tutorial to follow but make sure you follow it to a T, if you mess any step up you need to start from scratch and uninstall both AML and viper and start again.

Good luck guys and may the audiophile Gods be on your side through this process!

Any idea if this may help with installs on Pie when the driver randomly goes to Abnormal or Processing: No?

After following steps posted earlier involving the audio mods in Magisk, I was able to get V4A working, but it tended to require almost daily reboots once the driver went wonky. It then worked for awhile with a force quit and relaunch, but now that is hit or miss also. When it does act up, the biggest trigger seems to be using Android Auto.

-Edit-

I realize this is a Q thread, but I gave it a shot and was able to get V4A working on P by following most of the steps above.

Uninstall V4A and modules
Reboot
Install V4A from Labs, open but do not install driver
Open Magisk, install AML module, do not reboot
Open V4A and install driver/reboot
Open Magisk, disable AML
Manually reboot (I opened V4A like above, but was not prompted to reinstall driver)
Open V4A, install driver and reboot
Open V4A again, no prompt to install driver this time

V4A is working, AML is installed but disabled
The Following User Says Thank You to NotATreoFan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2019, 02:12 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
So I thought I would just put this out there. I can't remember what I did exactly but I managed to get Viper 2.7.1 (magisk module not the apk), Audio modification Library AND Ainur Sauron all enabled and working. Just putting this out there in case anyone wants to use this combo on android 10. I updated from android 9, I did not do a fresh install so I still had all 3 modules installed. So if I remember correctly, I removed all 3 modules and rebooted to start fresh. Then I installed ainur sauron and Viper 2.7.1 in magisk, then rebooted. Then I installed AML and rebooted. I opened up Viper and installed the driver when prompted, rebooted once again. At this point I can't remember if it worked immediately or if I rebooted one more time to get it working. So YMMV, but the point is I'm just letting you guys know it is possible to get all 3 modules working on android 10.

If I have the time I may try reinstalling it to see exactly what I did to get it working.
8th September 2019, 05:54 AM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifellouttabed

I just upgraded to Android 10 on my Pixel 2XL and have Viper running now. Download stable 2.7.1.0 from XDA Labs, grant root with Magisk. Check compatibility mode THEN install the driver. Restart, make changes, and then be sure to check "Attach audio effects" in settings once you make your changes.

What Magisk are you using?
8th September 2019, 06:22 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatabiscuit

What Magisk are you using?

Magisk 19.3 on Android 10 build number QP1A.190711.020
The Following User Says Thank You to ifellouttabed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ifellouttabed Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)