FORUMS

Black Bleeding on Screen

238 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By Hoshneer, Senior Member on 22nd November 2017, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So my screen is having issues when I scroll and I know this happens on this device. The question is do all the devices do this or is this just an issue with certain ones. Is my phone broke or will it be fixed with an update. The smearing is pretty bad and I notice it even with the brightness turned up.
22nd November 2017, 07:11 AM |#2  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Every OLED device I have has done it, but I haven't had an LCD device for a while. So I don't know if it's a characteristic of OLED screens or all screens. My last device was Samsung and had it pretty bad.
2nd January 2018, 08:00 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having the same issue,
It bleeds/smears with dark/black color when used in dark i.e no light in the room.
I think it happens all the time, just that its visible and annoying when we use it in dark.

What did you do? Did you get it replaced?
2nd January 2018, 10:00 AM |#4  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi!

Same here... It seems normal, anyway with two years warranty if something is wrong with screen (black bleeding, burn in, ...) Google have to repair it or change the smartphone.

Regards!
2nd January 2018, 12:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 568

More
It should only be visible in low brightness. It's normal for oled but the pixel 2 XL is a bit noticeable because Google set the gamma to high. So it can actually be improved through software.
If you see black smear etc during the day and any other time than maybe at night when the screen is at low brightness I would rma it
20th January 2018, 03:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Seems like sensors are causing problem if move phone around in dark it will go away I have a case and tempered glass on phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)