Anyone else getting Random Reboots?

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 121

By xadidas4lifex, Senior Member on 21st October 2017, 05:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just like the title says...
Anyone getting Random Reboots?

I got a few yesterday.
I just woke up and reached for my phone, and it made me do my pin plus fingerprint just like it rebooted...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21st October 2017, 08:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Got one today for no reason. Had maps running with music playing. Boom. Reboot.
22nd October 2017, 12:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadidas4lifex

Just like the title says...
Anyone getting Random Reboots?

I got a few yesterday.
I just woke up and reached for my phone, and it made me do my pin plus fingerprint just like it rebooted...

I been getting the same thing a few times a day.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaunWinSC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShaunWinSC Ad-Free
22nd October 2017, 01:34 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Haven't had one since I received it. Unlocked 128gb
22nd October 2017, 02:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Oh great. It is the LG bootloop problem, just 9 months early. I'm joking (I hope).
22nd October 2017, 03:46 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Dallas, Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunWinSC

I been getting the same thing a few times a day.

Yea same with me. I had about 3 yesterday. It rebooted while I slept (I know cause it made me do both my pin and fingerprint, and said it rebooted so that's why I had to do both), and it did it twice today. Once will using Android auto.

22nd October 2017, 05:09 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
No problems here yet. 128gb black Unlocked.
22nd October 2017, 05:40 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Dallas, Texas

Donate to Me
More
Watching TV in a dark room. Phone lit up the room. Look over at my night stand and it just rebooted again. Hasn't been touched for an hour or so.

22nd October 2017, 02:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I know this is the pixel 2 xl page, but I have a pixel 2 regular and have had the random reboot issue occur as well; It is occurring in safe mode too (after a factory reset).
I've already been on the phone with Google support and they basically said it is RMA time...so 2 day old phone already being warrantied.

It literally rebooted again while typing this post...so it is happening a LOT...(thankfully chrome kept the text I typed!)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amdsupport For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amdsupport Ad-Free
22nd October 2017, 03:17 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Dallas, Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdsupport

I know this is the pixel 2 xl page, but I have a pixel 2 regular and have had the random reboot issue occur as well; It is occurring in safe mode too (after a factory reset).
I've already been on the phone with Google support and they basically said it is RMA time...so 2 day old phone already being warrantied.

It literally rebooted again while typing this post...so it is happening a LOT...(thankfully chrome kept the text I typed!)

That's crazy. With the random Reboots that I'm having and the screen on my PXL2 Black 128GB, I am not the happiest camper...

The Following User Says Thank You to xadidas4lifex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xadidas4lifex Ad-Free
27th October 2017, 04:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadidas4lifex

That's crazy. With the random Reboots that I'm having and the screen on my PXL2 Black 128GB, I am not the happiest camper...

I got my replacement Pixel 2 yesterday and all is well. I had to call Google support about 3 times though because they messed up the replacement shipping dates.

I'm still not sure what the cause of the reboots was, although, it seemed to happen more often when a program was running in the foreground for an extended duration (i.e. watching videos or using navigation). I have not seen many other reports across the internet of random reboots on the new Pixels so maybe we just got a couple of bad ones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)