FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

* * * Anyone Getting An Unsolicited "DRINK MORE WATER" Pop Up * * *

6,554 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,347

By Az Biker, Senior Moderator on 13th September 2019, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Problem:
All of a sudden, I am getting this super annoying "Drink More Water" reminder pop up a few times every day!

What I've Done To Resolve This:
After doing a search of this section and even searching Google for "How to remove drink water pop up"; nothing comes up here, and the stuff that comes up in Google is basically telling you to remove the "drink more water app"...

I haven't downloaded ANY water related apps, set any reminders, or changed any settings on any of my fitness apps recently.

Even after checking through all my apps (including system apps) I have nothing closely related to a "drink more water" app or any new, suspicious apps.

I'll upload a screenie the next times it pops up.

Current Setup:
July 2019 security patch as well as the July 2019 factory image, rooted, Ex Kernel.

Hopefully someone has experienced this and it's an easy fix.

TIA for any and all help
13th September 2019, 01:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Is it coming from your calendar?

A couple of weeks ago, a security flaw in Google Calendar started to be exploited. Basically, you could get a meeting invitation through Gmail (containing spam content) and it would automatically be added to your calendar. A meeting reminder would then trigger a calendar notification with the spam content.

Not sure if this is what you are seeing but you could check your Google calendar and see if it has some spam meetings. The security flaw has since been fixed by Google.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift generationally Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 04:02 PM |#3  
J.A.G. / Developer Committee Admin / Recognized Themer / Inactive RD
Flag Tell me, I’m lost . . .
Thanks Meter: 20,885

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Biker

Problem:

All of a sudden, I am getting this super annoying "Drink More Water" reminder pop up a few times every day!

What I've Done To Resolve This:

After doing a search of this section and even searching Google for "How to remove drink water pop up"; nothing comes up here, and the stuff that comes up in Google is basically telling you to remove the "drink more water app"...

I haven't downloaded ANY water related apps, set any reminders, or changed any settings on any of my fitness apps recently.

Even after checking through all my apps (including system apps) I have nothing closely related to a "drink more water" app or any new, suspicious apps.

I'll upload a screenie the next times it pops up.

Current Setup:

July 2019 security patch as well as the July 2019 factory image, rooted, Ex Kernel.

Hopefully someone has experienced this and it's an easy fix.

TIA for any and all help

Did you try solving it by drinking more water?.......
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey103 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2019, 04:10 PM |#4  
Moderator Committee Lead - Illuminati Confirmed
Flag Nusquam et ubique
Thanks Meter: 12,216

Donate to Me
More
The text is soooo big on this post, my grandma was able to read from across the street. Not mention the smell of noob that comes from it lolololol 😂😂😂
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark manning Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 04:19 PM |#5  
Developer Relations / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer- Lord of Memes
Thanks Meter: 9,261

More
https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...invite-events/

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to karandpr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2019, 04:21 PM |#6  
Senior Moderator - "Like Duh"
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 6,800

More
Love from this part of the world...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 04:33 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6,285

More
Wow! How fast this one spiraled out of control!😂😂 AZ must be pissed! All them CAPS! But, you know we love ya brother 😎
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 04:39 PM |#8  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - Magic Baba Vampire
Flag Darkside
Thanks Meter: 22,350

More
Same problem my fish has been trying to deal with, always messages with "drink more water" and he's like "wtf? I am in the water!"

And guys please stay on topic
Best regards!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xanthrax Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 04:47 PM |#9  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Un-Recognized Hacker - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 32,771

Donate to Me
More
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2019, 04:51 PM |#10  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Un-Recognized Hacker - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 32,771

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey103

Did you try solving it by drinking more water?.......

DON'T QUOTE THE ENTIRE OP, NOOB! REPORTED!!!!1!!one!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2019, 04:53 PM |#11  
J.A.G. / Developer Committee Admin / Recognized Themer / Inactive RD
Flag Tell me, I’m lost . . .
Thanks Meter: 20,885

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

DON'T QUOTE THE ENTIRE OP, NOOB! REPORTED!!!!1!!one!

Ohh, the awkward moment you have the unban yourself
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey103 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)