* * * Anyone Getting An Unsolicited "DRINK MORE WATER" Pop Up * * *

Search This thread

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member

Problem:
All of a sudden, I am getting this super annoying "Drink More Water" reminder pop up a few times every day!

What I've Done To Resolve This:
After doing a search of this section and even searching Google for "How to remove drink water pop up"; nothing comes up here, and the stuff that comes up in Google is basically telling you to remove the "drink more water app"...

I haven't downloaded ANY water related apps, set any reminders, or changed any settings on any of my fitness apps recently.

Even after checking through all my apps (including system apps) I have nothing closely related to a "drink more water" app or any new, suspicious apps.

I'll upload a screenie the next times it pops up.

Current Setup:
July 2019 security patch as well as the July 2019 factory image, rooted, Ex Kernel.

Hopefully someone has experienced this and it's an easy fix.

TIA for any and all help :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Nakamura
Jul 17, 2015
Is it coming from your calendar?

A couple of weeks ago, a security flaw in Google Calendar started to be exploited. Basically, you could get a meeting invitation through Gmail (containing spam content) and it would automatically be added to your calendar. A meeting reminder would then trigger a calendar notification with the spam content.

Not sure if this is what you are seeing but you could check your Google calendar and see if it has some spam meetings. The security flaw has since been fixed by Google.

Whiskey103

Member Advocate Admin / Developer Committee
Staff member

Problem:

All of a sudden, I am getting this super annoying "Drink More Water" reminder pop up a few times every day!

After doing a search of this section and even searching Google for "How to remove drink water pop up"; nothing comes up here, and the stuff that comes up in Google is basically telling you to remove the "drink more water app"...

I haven't downloaded ANY water related apps, set any reminders, or changed any settings on any of my fitness apps recently.

Even after checking through all my apps (including system apps) I have nothing closely related to a "drink more water" app or any new, suspicious apps.

Current Setup:

July 2019 security patch as well as the July 2019 factory image, rooted, Ex Kernel.

Did you try solving it by drinking more water?.......

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-calendar-spam-invite-events/

oIxm2rn.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Problem:

Current Setup:

DON'T QUOTE THE ENTIRE OP, NOOB! REPORTED!!!!1!!one!
    The text is soooo big on this post, my grandma was able to read from across the street. Not mention the smell of noob that comes from it lolololol ???
    Love from this part of the world...

dont-letvourself-get-dehydrated-drink-more-water-its-good-for-8558860.png