Hotspot not working after Android 9 update

Search This thread

Mikeandali

Aug 16, 2018
Anyone have a fix for this. Hotspot isn't physically disconnecting according to the icon but in settings when viewing what's connected its going back and forth from 1 device connected to 0 devices connected like it keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Never had a problem with the Hotspot until updating to 9 last night and I use it daily.

danish786786

Aug 18, 2018
Anyone have a fix for this. Hotspot isn't physically disconnecting according to the icon but in settings when viewing what's connected its going back and forth from 1 device connected to 0 devices connected like it keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Never had a problem with the Hotspot until updating to 9 last night and I use it daily.

I am having the same issue.. None of my device is getting connected via hotspot after Android 9 upgrade. Has anyone found the fix for this without rooting the device??

Mikeandali

Aug 16, 2018
It's annoying as crap! The Verizon rep I spoke with tested out his device and said he's wouldn't connect either.

joegard

Mar 13, 2014
Richmond
I am having the same issue with my PS4, I believe other devices are not dropping because they have good speedtests. Was this an issue with with developer previews? I saw a Reddit post saying Android was trying to depricate APN modification not sure if that is related since I have some working devices. I think I will go back to 8.1

Mikeandali

Aug 16, 2018
I connected my daughter's phone to my Hotspot no problem seems to just be the ps4. I'm not really sure what's going on or how to work around the issue. I did notice when I toggle the connect through Bluetooth on it seemed to stay physically connected but still wouldn't actually get an online connection.
Verizons sending me replacement, said it would have the previous OS on it. I just hate trading my new phone in on a refurbished one.

danish786786

Aug 18, 2018
My Laptop and PS4 is not connecting. I tried to connect a different mobile phone, it was getting connected. Any solution for this?? I don't want to change my phone.. :rolleyes:

joegard

Mar 13, 2014
Richmond
My Laptop and PS4 is not connecting. I tried to connect a different mobile phone, it was getting connected. Any solution for this?? I don't want to change my phone.. :rolleyes:

I believe you can downgrade to Oreo using factory images without having to send your phone back, PM me if you need help. I think I will downgrade mine if we do not figure this out

Mikeandali

Aug 16, 2018
I believe you can downgrade to Oreo using factory images without having to send your phone back, PM me if you need help. I think I will downgrade mine if we do not figure this out
I'm going to PM you for instructions if you don't mind. I really don't want to send mine back. I was just under the impression I had to have the bootloader unlocked to be able to revert.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Make sure the hotspot is set at 2.4 GHz not 5 GHz the PS4 won't connect on 5ghz I had the same issue. I'm on Android 9 and can connect to PS4 no problem.