Does anyone have a working Pixel 2 XL on Straight Talk - Verizon Sim?

Search This thread

Copyimitation

Dec 11, 2017
I am using a Pixel 2 XL with straight talk and zero problems. I set it up with my previous sim card and it worked right away. However my wife is having terrible problems and her data is not working.

imarq24

Dec 1, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
From what I can tell the only way to get on ST is to do the SIM switch trick. However, I don't have access to a T-Mobile SIM...I was wondering could I just get a T-Mobile SIM from ST and stay with that one (btw there's no TMobile in my city but they have coverage here just don't know how good) ...or I saw in a earlier post that someone just went to TMobile prepaid and it worked for them. With that said could I just jump on like att prepaid ? Thanks I'm advance...i really just need to leave Verizon it's just way too expensive for myself and family... Ready to jump contract with Verizon

Intelli69

Jan 22, 2018
You have to buy that BYOP SIM kit that comes with 3 different SIM cards and obviously just use the Verizon one. trafone BYOP Sim card kit will work too, it's what I used. You have to download the straight talk app via WiFi to activate, I would factory reset first though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got mms and LTE finally!!!:

used these exact settings with the sim card swap trick

*i needed to set a Mobile virtual network operator type to unset the Mobile virtual network operator value

but voice, text, LTE data all working

I forced those with ADB (With the SIM out to get all the fields) but never got MMS even using the MMS type. I'm gonna try the SIM trick tomorrow though.

EDIT: Okay, I got it. I don't know why, but it didn't work the last time I tried it.

If you take the sim card out, in ADB you can run

Code:
    adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.INSERT  content://telephony/carriers  --ei simId -1

This forces the new APN screen to come up.

I then used

Name: straight talk
    APN: TRACFONE.VZWENTP
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http : //mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms < remove spaces after http
    Multimedia message proxy: Not set
    Multimedia message port: Not set
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Mobile virtual network operator type: None
    Mobile virtual network operator value: Not Set

and it is working fine after I put my SIM back in.
    I got mms and LTE finally!!!:

used these exact settings with the sim card swap trick

Name: straight talk
    APN: TRACFONE.VZWENTP
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http : //mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms < remove spaces after http
    Multimedia message proxy: Not set
    Multimedia message port: Not set
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Mobile virtual network operator type: None
    Mobile virtual network operator value: Not Set
    *i needed to set a Mobile virtual network operator type to unset the Mobile virtual network operator value

but voice, text, LTE data all working
    I wouldnt call it resolved since it requires swapping sim cards from other providers...seems like its a crappy work around at best.

Wifi Tether still isnt working (requires adding 'dun' to apn, which even with the sim card swap trick isnt working, in addition to needing a build.prop entry to unlock the tether button in the software). the build.prop hack works and lets me turn on wifi tether but i dont get data.

Wifi tether (and activation in general) worked fine on my Nexus 6p using 8.0 and 8.1 beta on Straight Talk Verizon sims, set dun automatically, so it seems unique to this phone.
    I found these instructions online to activate advanced calling (hd calling) for straight talk verizon. I havent tried them myself yet:

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
    -Select Phone Information
    -Make sure provision boxes are checked for VOLTE, Video and Wi-Fi Calling
    - reboot
    Question - when in a voice call and you need to utilize data, does the phone drop down to 3g to get that data, does it use another LTE band, does it use the same one? If you were to select "LTE only" in the hidden menu, will it only use LTE while asking for data in a voice call? I'm trying to figure out if these settings not only allow voice over data, but what type of data service you get while in the call.

You see LTE the whole time, no 3g. My understanding is that both the voice call and the data are both on LTE as basically two normal internet connections, like if you were streaming videos from two different site. In general in LTE theres enough bandwidth to do both, but if you were like streaming 1440p video and doing a voice call you might run into bandwidth issues and have slow down or choppy audio.