ANOTHER RMA for USB????

Search This thread

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
For the last week device has wonky charging. Wouldn't even notice stock c to c cable plugged in. Would charge with a to c after reboot. Fast charge ok on c to c car charger. Then not, or only after reboot.

Google is sending a new charger, but that's not the problem. ( Just opened the last one the sent me before previous device started smoking). Finally got home after 2 weeks (hurricane). Tried several chargers/cables. Plug in a reboot

Will talk to PC for file transfer and such.

No alarm this morning. Was on charger when I went to bed. Guess it shut down by itself at 100%.

Had that quick bug a few weeks ago...noticed battery saver turned on by itself.

Any chance any if this is software with latest updates? Thinking this is my 3 rd device now with USB port issues.

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ohh...just checked. Headphone adapter not recognized.....AGAIN.

Google is good about replacing, but can't the fix that port?

Worst part....finally got my $50 Whitestone done installed. So now I have to order another replacement kit for the replacement Pixel 2 XL.

Last edited:

fanatic75

Dec 16, 2012
I had the same problem. They installed a new motherboard in the device and gave it back to me.

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for input.

Gave it a few shots of deoxit contact cleaner and some light cleansing with small toothpick.

Seemed to work for a little bit. Then random reboots while plugging in various chargers and cables. One option even caused it to boot when plugged in.

Headphone adapter only worked 1 out of 50; tties.

fadedfOne

Mar 22, 2016
Did you recently upgrade to Pie?
I had this exact problem as well.
It started when I upgraded (stock).
Spoke with Google rep and they know about the issue.
Downgraded and the issue persists.
Seems like the software update is breaking internal hardware?
Had to RMA mine.

reactor_sa

Jul 12, 2012
South Africa
Possible bad cable or non USB PD compliant powered source or cable fried something in the charge circuit? Maybe invest in a USB-C power meter.

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just finishing up setup on replacement device before RMA of defective device. But.....

Factory reset, and it works fine!!!!!

Normally they make you do that before sending a replacement. But in my case phone wouldn't even charge with phone off. How can any kind of software be a culprit if the is isn't even loaded????

Last edited:

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010
I just got my replacement. I had usb hardware failure. Tried three cords and two computers and would only charge. Replacement fixed it

uggies

Jul 5, 2011
Australia
Just finishing up setup on replacement device before RMA of defective device. But.....

Factory reset, and it works fine!!!!!

Normally they make you do that before sending a replacement. But in my case phone wouldn't even charge with phone off. How can anyone kind of software be a culprit if the is isn't even loaded????

I just got my replacement. I had usb hardware failure. Tried three cords and two computers and would only charge. Replacement fixed it

Hi guys, how long did the RMA take for you guys?

I have faulty speaker grill, they are replacing my device however I do not have any spare phone... need to borrow one from one of my friend, need an approximate time frame

If you can let me know, that would be great!

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010

I have faulty speaker grill, they are replacing my device however I do not have any spare phone... need to borrow one from one of my friend, need an approximate time frame

Once they received it it took 2 or 3 days and I live in Hawaii.

Reactions: uggies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Once they received it it took 2 or 3 days and I live in Hawaii.