FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Verizon 2XL OEM Unlock.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mrdope, Junior Member on 17th November 2019, 08:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello there, I've got Pixel 2 XL, Verizon variant. Updated to Android Q, November Security Patch.
I've researched a lot about unlocking it, but got no success, wanna know If someone knows anything to unlock it here.
coz xda is sum high level yknow I need it 2 much.
17th November 2019, 10:35 PM |#2  
Senior Moderator / Can I get a Salty Semper Gumby Yut!?!
Flag Land of the Endless Ride. USMC on my arm, .45 on my hip, O-H on my license plate!
Thanks Meter: 13,940

More
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the VZW 2 XL will 99.999999998% not ever see unlockable bootloader.

There has been confusion in the past with some VZW device owners that stated they thought it was "unlockable" but I believe this just meant having the ability to transfer to another carrier, not unlocking the bootloader to root, and flash customer Roms, etc.

And now that it is into its third year of existence, and 2 newer models have hit the market, I seriously doubt anyone will continue (if anyone is still trying) to find an unlock method for carrier locked bootloaders.

Could try purchasing a fully unlockable Google (non-carrier variant) 2 XL on SWAPPA, then figure out what to do with the VZW device (if it's beyond return date)..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)