FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

viper4android on 8.1.0

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By ssingh819, Member on 28th November 2017, 06:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
has anyone figured out viper4android on 8.1?

i think we need to wait for the kernel sources to get released. I tried magisk + v4a magisk module + busybox + permissive mode - and still no dice

28th November 2017, 09:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
What Version of v4a did you try?
28th November 2017, 11:22 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,555

Donate to Me
More
Yes, I have it working.

Install it as normal (2.5.0.5, ShadySquirrel) with magisk and reboot
Use a root file explorer (I use Solid) to move /magisk/viper4android/system/lib/ to /magisk/viper4android/vendor/lib. Copy this folder to /magisk/viper4android/system/vendor/lib (making folders as well)
Copy /system/lib/libstdc++.so to both of these folders

Reboot, viper won't complain about drivers now. Open Viper's settings and set it to compatibility mode, and disable selinux with the development settings. You have to disable selinux every reboot for it to keep working.

I'll repackage the module at some point but this is how it works
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2017, 02:02 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,056

Donate to Me
More
did anyone get this to work? i followed directions and its still propting me to install driver
28th November 2017, 06:19 PM |#5  
Flag Marietta, OH
Thanks Meter: 594

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothdabski

did anyone get this to work? i followed directions and its still propting me to install driver

I'll give it a go... usually good with this stuff and I'll let you know!

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Following those steps I was able to at least get Viper to install the driver without the I/O error.. but after I reboot it still asks to install... still trying. I deleted the /magisk/viper4android/system/lib/ after moving everything to /magisk/viper4android/system/vendor/lib ... maybe that was wrong?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Not working here.. just can't seem to get it configured properly. Was able to get rid of the I/O error but.. it's still not enabled no matter what I do with it...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I'm relocking my device... nothing to do with the process I attempted here.. Just keep losing root randomly and other odd behaviors ... will wait for an updated Magisk and Viper. Cheers!
28th November 2017, 10:03 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 17

More
wasn't able to get past the drive i/o error
i wasn't able to get past v4a complaining about drivers. i even recursively chmod -R 755 everything in the /magisk/viper4android folder in a desperate attempt to sift out a permissions issue :P

can someone who got past the drivers issue run:

ls -l -R

in /magisk - and paste the screenshot or output here? i've been using adb shell with root btw to navigate around the filesystem.

thanks!
29th November 2017, 05:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Yes, I have it working.

Install it as normal (2.5.0.5, ShadySquirrel) with magisk and reboot
Use a root file explorer (I use Solid) to move /magisk/viper4android/system/lib/ to /magisk/viper4android/vendor/lib. Copy this folder to /magisk/viper4android/system/vendor/lib (making folders as well)
Copy /system/lib/libstdc++.so to both of these folders

Reboot, viper won't complain about drivers now. Open Viper's settings and set it to compatibility mode, and disable selinux with the development settings. You have to disable selinux every reboot for it to keep working.

I'll repackage the module at some point but this is how it works

Didn't seem to work for me on 8.1 DP2. Maybe i copied the files wrong? I copied the lib folder from /magisk/viper4android/system to /magisk/viper4android/vendor, so basically I just copied the lib folder to that location. Then i went to /system/lib and copied libstdc++.so to /magisk/viper4android/system/lib/ and /magisk/viper4android/vendor/lib. Switched to permissive mode and compatibility and still bugs me about drivers. Maybe I had to move the files and not copy? I really don't know and I'm going crazy here. Any idea what I should do?
29th November 2017, 06:18 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedajoester

Didn't seem to work for me on 8.1 DP2. Maybe i copied the files wrong? I copied the lib folder from /magisk/viper4android/system to /magisk/viper4android/vendor, so basically I just copied the lib folder to that location. Then i went to /system/lib and copied libstdc++.so to /magisk/viper4android/system/lib/ and /magisk/viper4android/vendor/lib. Switched to permissive mode and compatibility and still bugs me about drivers. Maybe I had to move the files and not copy? I really don't know and I'm going crazy here. Any idea what I should do?

I've attached the viper folder from my magisk directory. Replace yours with it and set any file's permissions (although that shouldn't be needed because magisk can handle it), reboot and see if that works:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTT...ew?usp=sharing

Note, the zip IS NOT flashable, IS NOT installable by magisk and SHOULD NOT be used on anything other than a Pixel 2 XL running the 8.1 preview.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2017, 06:38 PM |#9  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Quote:

I've attached the viper folder from my magisk directory. Replace yours with it and set any file's permissions (although that shouldn't be needed because magisk can handle it), reboot and see if that works:

Note, the zip IS NOT flashable, IS NOT installable by magisk and SHOULD NOT be used on anything other than a Pixel 2 XL running the 8.1 preview.

Worked for me. I'm running the 8.1 preview DP2.
Strangely enough, your install files contained extra files than mine. The audio_effects.xml file wasn't there for mine on any installation. How odd.
Thank you, though. I followed your instructions in an earlier post and it never once started to work.
I'm not using compatible mode either.
29th November 2017, 06:43 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariac Konrel

Worked for me. I'm running the 8.1 preview DP2.
Strangely enough, your install files contained extra files than mine. The audio_effects.xml file wasn't there for mine on any installation. How odd.
Thank you, though. I followed your instructions in an earlier post and it never once started to work.
I'm not using compatible mode either.

I modified that file a while ago as a test, no idea if it makes a difference. It might do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2017, 06:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:

It works! Thank you so much. At first it made the viper app disappear so I started over. I installed the module from magisk, rebooted and then copied the files, set selinux to permissive and then I was in business. Seriously thank you so much. Without viper, my car won't play below 50hz and with viper I can make it play down to 30hz. I also made my own convolver file to add a high pass filter so that my speakers don't try to play below 30hz because then they distort at moderate volume. With the convolver, I am able to blast it. Makes it sound like a have a subwoofer and I am pushing my speakers almost to their limits, but boy do they sound great. Again, thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)