Android P beta 3.

Search This thread

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Actually DP3 seems to have been better overall for me than DP2.
I had to downgrade to 8.1 unfortunately. Preview 1/2 were awesome battery wise but for some reason with preview 3 my idle drain was horrendously bad. I'd lose like 5-10% an hour, tried everything, resetting my phone, clearing the cache on everything and letting the phone drain and recharging. Anyone else experience this or have a fix? Maybe it was a bad OTA download?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Am. Using the latest beta 3 and my phone gets warm, with just browsing nothing too intensive! I dread to imagine what it would feel like if am gaming. Unfortunately I never used android oreo I just picked the phone and went straight into android p, so not sure if oreo is the same. Am rooted but everything else is stock.
Never had a problem with 8.10 with excessive heat. Yesterday, I was streaming You tube music with screen off, outside in the warm sun. Phone overheated and turned off. Rooted, running DP3 and Snoke R7 kernel for DP2. Waiting for kernel source to drop for DP3. Probably will be back on 8.10 before you know it

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
Never had a problem with 8.10 with excessive heat. Yesterday, I was streaming You tube music with screen off, outside in the warm sun. Phone overheated and turned off. Rooted, running DP3 and Snoke R7 kernel for DP2. Waiting for kernel source to drop for DP3. Probably will be back on 8.10 before you know it
Hmm really odd though with mine as am rooted and running stock but it gets warm. I might have to go back to oreo and see if problem persists.

Reactions: Golf c

Langduscher

Jan 30, 2012
Texel
Magisk root won't stick (16.4; no modules). Have to reboot to get it to work, then lose it again.

Any ideas?

pantmunu

Jun 8, 2011
new york
Magisk root won't stick (16.4; no modules). Have to reboot to get it to work, then lose it again.

Any ideas?
May be get some logs and provide it in the magisk thread. Also, are you using stock kernel or custome kernel .. I was in pp3 and didn't have that issue. May be a clean flash of the stock rom followed by installation of magisk would help. Good luck.

Langduscher

Jan 30, 2012
Texel
May be get some logs and provide it in the magisk thread. Also, are you using stock kernel or custome kernel .. I was in pp3 and didn't have that issue. May be a clean flash of the stock rom followed by installation of magisk would help. Good luck.

Cheers my man! It is on a clean flash, stok rom + kernel.

Will figure out how to take logs and head over to Magisk thread.

Reactions: pantmunu

pantmunu

Jun 8, 2011
new york
Cheers my man! It is on a clean flash, stok rom + kernel.

Will figure out how to take logs and head over to Magisk thread.
Try this. If you haven't already,

Download magisk manager app, download the zip from within the app and flash that in the recovery. Maybe, that'll do the trick ..

Also try a custom kernel. This device seems to be very very picky about stuffs. Lol.

Reactions: Langduscher

Jucacarvalho1987

Feb 6, 2013
So weird...this is the best battery I had from all the versions... Getting around 5h-6h sot.. thought everyone was experiencing the same but doesn't look like ?

Langduscher

Jan 30, 2012
Texel
Try this. If you haven't already,

Download magisk manager app, download the zip from within the app and flash that in the recovery. Maybe, that'll do the trick ..

Also try a custom kernel. This device seems to be very very picky about stuffs. Lol.

I turned off battery optimization for Magisk, all seems good now.

Edit after ~24h: still keeps losing root.

Last edited:

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
Been checking my phone regularly for dp4......

Attachments

• Android-P-Preview-Rollout.jpg
    Android-P-Preview-Rollout.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Shenanigans.jpg
    Shenanigans.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 254

Top Liked Posts