FORUMS

Possible fix for touch screen issue. ( updated )

1,096 posts
Thanks Meter: 956

By showlyshah, Senior Member on 22nd December 2017, 11:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all.. so i started working again on hacks for android. I literally stopped it when i sold my sony xperia z5 premium and bought some samsung device.( It is literally no pleasure to work with all those s6 edge, s7 edge and note 5.. sorry samsung.. but your software is nothing but a nightmare for guys like me) .

I was desperate to buy a pixel 2 xl , waited so long to arrive at markets near me.. and when it arrived.. i grabbed one soon.. its a joy to hold this device.. well .. every happiness comes with some sorrows..

As soon as i got my pixel 2 xl, i unlocked the bootloader and rooted it in just 2 hours after i got it.. so.. even though this device is an awesome gadget to play with.. it have its own drawbacks at several things..

1) of course the infamous display issues.. ( lol.. those haters may wont even know what OLED( or pOLED) display does..

2) crackling of speakers ... Well i am not worried.. i know its something to do with the software.. and google or even we xda geniuses will fix it soon.. ( btw.. i am looking into some solutions)

3) touch screen sensitivity... Ya.. you heard it right.. this pannel have some touch issues.. may be most of you or some of you have noticed it now.. if you dont.. try a glass screen protector..

So while i was not able to fix the speaker issue by now ( my device is just 4 days old.. and i noticed it yesterday only, as i haven't even started using it with a sim card yet) , i possibly have a solution for touch sensitivity .. i just found it 10 minutes before creating this post. ( Thanks to some old knowledge for some sony hacks back in those days) ..

Way too boring talks?? Sorry.. i am basically a story teller type guy.. ok. No more stories.. lets get it done.

1) go to your favorite root file manager ..

2) go to - system / vendor/ usr / idc .

3) you will see a file named touchscreen.idc

4) open it with any text editor and remove all values from it and add these lines ( or replace with the attached file)

device.internal = 1
touch.deviceType = touchScreen
touch.orientationAware = 1
touch.filter.level = 0
touch.size.calibration = diameter
touch.size.scale = 5
touch.size.bias = 5
touch.size.isSummed = 0
touch.gestureMode = pointer
touch.pressure.calibration = physical
touch.pressure.scale = 0.00000125
touch.distance.calibration = none
touch.distance.scale = 0
touch.gestureMode = spots
MultitouchSettleInterval = 0.1ms
MultitouchMinDistance = 0.5 px
TapInterval = 0.5 ms
TapSlop = 0.5 px
touch.orientation.calibration = none
touch.coverage.calibration = box

5) save the file with its previous permissions ( i use filemanager named xplore, which automatically saves it with previous permissions)

6) reboot your device.. and enjoy your super responsive touch screen..

Guys.. please let me know your experience.. for further goods and bads..

Thank you..

Oh.. btw.. i have a bonus knowledge to share too..

If you find your colour calibration ( or colourfulness!! ) Of your device is low even after googles " saturated mode" , you can adjust it in build.prop file.

1) go to - system / vendor

2) open build.prop file in your fave text editor.

3) find this line - " persist.sys.sf.color_saturation=1.1 "

4) change the value to " persist.sys.sf.color_saturation=1.5 " or so..

5) you can go all the way upto "persist.sys.sf.color_saturation=2" but not more..

6) save file with its previous permissions

7) reboot and enjoy you " Samsung'ish " display..

Nb:-

dont burn ur eyes with all those alien looking colours with value of 2.. just keep it under 1.5 or so... Guys.. keep it as pixel, why go for that samsung colours

Wishes..

All praise Lord Dinkan..
Attached Files
File Type: zip touchscreen.zip - [Click for QR Code] (788 Bytes, 1222 views)
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to showlyshah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift showlyshah Ad-Free
23rd December 2017, 12:43 AM |#2  
Flag Altoona, PA
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
Just tried it. Will report. If this fixes the telegram push to talk button, I will be overjoyed!

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Never mind.. the changes don't stick. I can edit the 2 files mentioned but after a reboot they back to the way they were. Tried multiple root browsers. Always after a reboot, everything is back stock settings. What am I missing?
The Following User Says Thank You to crowsnestitsupport For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crowsnestitsupport Ad-Free
23rd December 2017, 12:46 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 8,341

More
Holy crap! Nice find my friend. I'll definitely be looking into this. Thanks a bunch!
23rd December 2017, 12:53 AM |#4  
Flag NE OHIO
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Same here. Didn't survive the reboot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
23rd December 2017, 01:08 AM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsnestitsupport

Just tried it. Will report. If this fixes the telegram push to talk button, I will be overjoyed!

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Never mind.. the changes don't stick. I can edit the 2 files mentioned but after a reboot they back to the way they were. Tried multiple root browsers. Always after a reboot, everything is back stock settings. What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes30

That's kinda strange. I edited it with root explorer, rebooted, and the settings stuck! Definitely can tell the difference on my smart keyboard pro
23rd December 2017, 01:27 AM |#6  
Earth
Thanks Meter: 1,841

More
I didn't have general swipe issues, the only thing I had trouble with was swiping up on the lock screen to bring up the pin pad. Usually it took me two or three times before the pin pad would actually come up. In any event, I just tried your touch sensitivity suggestion, except that I just set it to .000125 (because I don't have a glass screen protector on it, and I didn't want it to be too sensitive), and that worked absolutely beautifully. I was just able to pull up the pin pad about 15 times in a row with absolutely no issues. Thank you so much!

If you can fix the crackling speaker sound, you'll be a god in my eyes! In my opinion, that is the only issue I have left with this phone.

I'll hit the thanks button tomorrow, I'm all out of thanks for today.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs
23rd December 2017, 01:34 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 956

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsnestitsupport

Quote:

There is two system folder system and system_root..

Also there is a vendor folder outside system folder..

I dont know the system structure yet ( as i didn't disassemble the factory images yet ) .. so i dont know why this all confusing folder structure..

Btw.. i think you have looked into system_root folder or vendor folder outside system folder..

Make sure u go into system ( not system_root) and find the file..

System - vendor - usr - idc..

Or may be just your filemanager didn't saved the value??
23rd December 2017, 01:34 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie405

I didn't have general swipe issues, the only thing I had trouble with was swiping up on the lock screen to bring up the pin pad. Usually it took me two or three times before the pin pad would actually come up. In any event, I just tried your touch sensitivity suggestion, except that I just set it to .000125 (because I don't have a glass screen protector on it, and I didn't want it to be too sensitive), and that worked absolutely beautifully. I was just able to pull up the pin pad about 15 times in a row with absolutely no issues. Thank you so much!

If you can fix the crackling speaker sound, you'll be a god in my eyes! In my opinion, that is the only issue I have left with this phone.

I'll hit the thanks button tomorrow, I'm all out of thanks for today.

Meh....just make him a special font package bro. That'll be some good thanks for sure!
23rd December 2017, 01:44 AM |#9  
Flag NE OHIO
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Root explorer doesn't save the change for some odd reason. I just tried xplore as well with no change. Once I reopen the file the value was back to stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
23rd December 2017, 01:44 AM |#10  
Earth
Thanks Meter: 1,841

More
Quote:

Root explorer doesn't save the change for some odd reason. I just tried xplore as well with no change. Once I reopen the file the value us back to stock.

I use FX and had no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs
23rd December 2017, 01:49 AM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City

More
Like the OP said. The pic shows the proper path to the file. This is using root explore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)