Now Playing Stinks!

Search This thread

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Just like Soundhound and Shazam, it never recognizes my music!

King Crimson
Gong
Ozric Tentacles
Juno Reactor
Amon Tobin

The list goes on....

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I've never heard of anyone you listed and I listen to a wide variety of music. Also not sure how this is a Pixel issue.

If you're trying to refer to the passive song recognition, it sure a limited number of popular song profiles on the device, and I don't anyone on your list made the cut.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: yyz71 and EeZeEpEe

gehx

Nov 27, 2009
Sagnasty, MI.
I've never heard of anyone you listed and I listen to a wide variety of music. Also not sure how this is a Pixel issue.

If you're trying to refer to the passive song recognition, it sure a limited number of popular song profiles on the device, and I don't anyone on your list made the cut.

You've never heard of King Crimson? Seriously? They've probably been around since longer then you've been alive. Lmmfao!!

twiz0r

Oct 5, 2010
Vegas
im in the same boat...but i understand that I listen to music that isn't too popular (underground/old school hiphop). Google recognizes about 10% of my songs.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I decided to look up the artists you listed. They appear to all be European groups from the 60s & 70s. You also didn't mention if this is the offline song recognition you're having issues with or the online one through Assistant.

JeffBea

Oct 11, 2010
Delaware, OH
This is a new feature for Google. I know they will be updating the list of songs it recognizes. I would definitely see King Crimson making a future list those others you've listed I wouldn't hold your breath.

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
This is a new feature for Google. I know they will be updating the list of songs it recognizes. I would definitely see King Crimson making a future list those others you've listed I wouldn't hold your breath.

Yes you would think that the list will eventually get updated. Just making a casual observation about the current state of music. Seeing how much King Crimson has contributed to the music scene (Influenced the Talking Heads, Blondie, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Tool and Primus to name a few), you think it would make the cut.

For those living in the European Nation, please take the time to see King Crimson next summer when they will be touring the area.

nikhil.agrawal

Apr 28, 2016
New Delhi
Just like Soundhound and Shazam, it never recognizes my music!

King Crimson
Gong
Ozric Tentacles
Juno Reactor
Amon Tobin

The list goes on....
It's not the best with recognising old school music. While it does recognise bands like Floyd and Beatles, it has its issues with the unknown bands. It's more up to date with the current music which to be honest I don't care. It's also region dependet I guess as I'm from India and it recognises indian songs with ease. I guess it will improve in time, I hope Google updates their database with older music and less famous music too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

CaddieboyGN

Feb 6, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just discovered that the Words With Friends app kills now playing on my device. Now playing works great until I open WWF and then will not work again until I reboot. Will work for days on end if I don't play Words With Friends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Free mobile app

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG

If you have seen the new Xbox commercial you heard King Crimson. That's 21st Century Schizoid Man at end (Puff Daddy sampled the song in Power)

Youngbloodx

Feb 16, 2012
So far, I've been more than satisfied with the now playing feature. And I can only assume that Google will continue to improve upon it.

Tangent_

Apr 20, 2010
I've also never heard of any of them...

What I'd really like to see in Now Playing is a way to tag a song or add it to a list. I use SoundHound partly to find the name of a song I don't know but mostly so I have the search history of music i want to remember to find later on.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I decided to look up the artists you listed. They appear to all be European groups from the 60s & 70s. You also didn't mention if this is the offline song recognition you're having issues with or the online one through Assistant.