Overall love

Search This thread

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
I have my Pixel 2 XL and a bunch of accessories on Swappa. Message me if your interested.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Traitor! ;)

j/k - I've decided to hand on to my Taimen for a while, at least - I like having my old devices for various reason, including nostalgia, and making other useful devices out of them....

I'm converting my Shamu, for example, into a n on-demand music player to give to my mom for use in her temple. I have a pair of Targas (aka BIONIC) and the original Sholes (aka OG Motorola DROID) also, that all work, though are hopelessly outdated....

Galati93

Jan 31, 2018
D5UCZm8
2XL going strong :)

https://imgur.com/D5UCZm8

Last edited:

Snipyro

Jan 28, 2020
Just switched to Pixel 2XL from an iPhone X! I have really missed Android and it's been a fantastic experience. Android is so much more enjoyable without other OEM skins.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just switched to Pixel 2XL from an iPhone X! I have really missed Android and it's been a fantastic experience. Android is so much more enjoyable without other OEM skins.
Interesting you went from the iPhone X to the Pixel 2 XL since they're both from the same year. You got it brand new and a great deal I would hope.

Reactions: Snipyro

Snipyro

Jan 28, 2020
Interesting you went from the iPhone X to the Pixel 2 XL since they're both from the same year. You got it brand new and a great deal I would hope.

Haha good catch - I traded the iPhone with my brother with a bit of cash thrown in with the Pixel (seeing as the iPhone was worth a fair bit more) to sweeten the deal. I used to have the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 4 so I've been with Android a long while. The iPhone is a great product but I've been missing having a manageable home screen and Google assistant.

Reactions: EeZeEpEe

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Haha good catch - I traded the iPhone with my brother with a bit of cash thrown in with the Pixel (seeing as the iPhone was worth a fair bit more) to sweeten the deal. I used to have the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 4 so I've been with Android a long while. The iPhone is a great product but I've been missing having a manageable home screen and Google assistant.
Well welcome back. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

Reactions: Snipyro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I kinda did not find any love for the Pixel 2 XL... The Camera is no where as good as my S9+ and there was some other little things I preferred the S9+ over the 2 XL.
    So I am back to using the S9+ as my daily and keeping the 2 XL as my world travel media player and backup for my long flights across the pond...
    The camera is nowhere near as good as the s9 plus.....very funny
    Coming from a Nexus 6, loved that phone to death. I tried to get a Galaxy s8+ but without root, I couldn't do it. After playing with the pixel 2xl, I'll be returning the s8+. Wasn't worth it. I have no problems with my 2 xl. I don't really care too much about with my screen getting a slight time of blue when seen at off angles (please, it looks great when you are actually LOOKING at the device). It has realistic colors overall too. Nothing with a huge amount of contrast.

I dislike the overall feel of the device, but I always have a case on mine, so no worries there.

It charged the same as any other device I have and I don't use wireless charging ever, besides, it is usually slower overall than plugging it in.

Literally no other problems I've noticed with my unit. I plan of keeping it, and when Google decides too send an ota to fix software issues I'll already be on a custom rom and not care anyway. If there is a huge problem and in need of a recall, I'm relatively sure Google will provide proper compensation. I'm not really worried.
    Yea that's the one
    And yes that too lol but only glass protector which has full adhesive though

I am now into my 4th week with the P2XL, and I still think it is the most capable "Google" phone ever made. I am still impressed with the camera (both stills and video), battery life, and overall UI fluidity. I am still not rooted, which really surprises me. I found an extremely effective non-root adblocker as well as a simple and free solution for swapping the navigation buttons. I am also impressed with Google Assistant. I didn't think I'd use GA, but I find myself using more and more.

So far, my biggest complaint is the lack of aux input. I got an adapter that works well enough, but it is something else to keep up with. I do wish there were more choices of glass screen protectors. I got the one Google sells on their web store simply because I had credit in my Google wallet. The protector looks and feels much better than the vinyl protector I had been using, but sensitivity is diminished in the corners (especially the bottom right). It also has the rainbow effect in the middle, which is not noticeable with light backgrounds, but annoying with dark backgrounds. The rainbow banding will probably drive me nuts. Next time I will get Dome Glass.
    Great upgrade for me coming from Nexus 6P.
    Sorry to spoil the party here, but I don't like the Pixel 2 XL. In fact the only thing I really like about it is the camera. Aside from that, well, not much : slow charging, mediocre screen, headphone jack removed for no reason, extremely expensive for what it offers. And as you can all see, the development for it is probably the poorest of any Google phones to date.

Your entitled to your opinion too my friend. I would respectfully disagree with your development comment, especially as of late. I mean, we've got...DU, RR, Carbon, AquariOS, Nitrogen, RomAur, and the heavy hitters in the kernel world as well working on the P2XL atm. So we're in pretty good shape I think. I would agree with you on the screen, it could definitely be better, headphone jack is no biggie to me, I've actually never used it on all my previous phones that had it. Hope you find what your.looking for though ?