Credits : Legents (He found the flags for it to work and I helped him test the flags)
Update 1 : Currently, this doesn't work on stock rom for some reason, maybe wait for November update if you want to stay on stock. This has been tested on several custom roms like havoc, carbon and liquidremix pie roms.
Update 2 : People on stock rom can try this combination and check again. Phone app version 24 and Play services 14.5.70. Someone got it to work on stock rom on reddit.**
Update 3 : No need to mess with any app versions from November update. Just modify the files. It should work.
Steps to enable Call Screening :
1. Make sure you are rooted and have the latest version of the app, Google Phone 25, installed. You can root your device by finding the right links here. To join the beta channel of the Google Phone app, head to the Google Play Store listing and look for the beta option. You can also download the APK from apkmirror and sideload it manually.
Side Note : I have tested it on following version :
Google Phone V25
Play Services 14.5.70(100400-217905028)
2. Download any root-enabled file explorer like FX File Explorer or MiXplorer. I did it using MiXplorer.
3. Open the explorer and navigate to the root directory from the left-side navigation menu.
4. Navigate to /data/data/com.google.android.dialer/shared_prefs and look for the file named dialer_phenotype_flags.xml.
5. Change the following flags to true, (Locale flags are optional and may not appear in your XML file and can be ignored if you have your default language to English(US) in Google App) :
<boolean name="__data_rollout__SpeakEasy.CallScreenOnPixelOneAndTwoRollout__launched__" value="false" /> <boolean name="__data_rollout__SpeakEasy.OverrideUSLocaleCheckRollout__launched__" value="false" /> <boolean name="G__enable_speakeasy_details" value="false" /> <boolean name="G__speak_easy_bypass_locale_check" value="false" /> <boolean name="G__speak_easy_enabled" value="false" />
7. Open Dialer and go to settings, you will see a new Call screen menu. Open the menu and wait for supplementary file required for Call Screen to be downloaded.
8. Voila. Enjoy.
Other things to remember:
1. During Step 7, you have to be on an Wifi Connection, it doesn't download the files otherwise and functionality won't work correctly. Also, if you are using a mobile hotspot as a Wifi Connection, set it to unmetered from Wifi Settings before opening the Call Screen menu from dialer.
2. This mod works along with Dark Mode and New favorites flags, so you can enable them too if required :
<boolean name="__data_rollout__DarkMode.EnableDarkModeRollout__launched__" value="false" /> <boolean name="G__enable_dark_mode_setting" value="false" /> <boolean name="G__enable_new_favorites_tab" value="false" />
4. I have tested it on P2XL. But ideally it should also work on P2 and maybe even P1.