List of Google Pixel 2 Cases

Search This thread

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
I got my diztronic P2 case yesterday and I am bit disappointed. It doesn't fit snugly and the camera cutout is huge. It doesn't live up to diztronic's standards, in my opinion.
I had the same experience. Doesn't fit well at the top or the left hand side, and the material seems softer than in the past. Pretty disappointing. I like the button feel but I don't like the openings around the buttons as they'll let debris in over time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eatpotato

mrdoug

Jun 11, 2013
So I got the spigen neo hybrid and I really like it. Has a cool look, is slim but protective... Quite happy with it. I finally got the Caseology Parallax ordered directly from caseology. Hope to receive it soon so I can compare.

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Just ordered the Neo Hybrid. Not the prettiest case imo but its currently the closest thing to the Otterbox Commuter. Here's to hoping they release a Commuter case our phone in the future...

flunk03

Oct 12, 2011
bangalore
Not the same case. The one with included kickstand is thicker

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

The slim armor and the tough armor both feature the kickstand. If you can stand more bulk on your phone get the tough armor, else get the slim armor. I'm not really sure how much of a difference is there in terms of protection since as per specifications they share the same features barring thickness

Reactions: gvsukids

onkkel

Nov 18, 2015
Porvoo
I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor yesterday. Had a pretty hard time choosing between this and the UAG case but went with the Spigen in hope of slightly less bulkiness. The kickstand might also come in handy but we'll see. I'll add my comments of the Spigen Slim Armor once I get it.

an21281

Anyone using just a bumper?
I'd like to have a case without a back.
Any decent options out there?

I pre-ordered the Rhinoshield CrashGuard bumper along with the screen protector, should be shipping the second half of Dec.. Theres also the dBrand Grip, not sure if its still just pre-order only. Those are the only 2 bumpers I know of so far

Reactions: Corduroy-21

Corduroy-21

Jun 8, 2009
I pre-ordered the Rhinoshield CrashGuard bumper along with the screen protector, should be shipping the second half of Dec.. Theres also the dBrand Grip, not sure if its still just pre-order only. Those are the only 2 bumpers I know of so far

dBrandGrip looks nice but it's still in pre-order. When you get the Rhinoshield please post some photos if able. It seems a bit thick to me.
I'd like to see it with a Pixel.

JayBlack_686

Nov 23, 2012
Dallas
This might sound dumb, but has anyone come across a case that is reflective? I have my phone on a dash-mount and am trying to prevent it from getting hot on long drives. I was even thinking of putting some aluminum tape on my (black) Spigen case to help with this. I figure even getting a white case should be a bit better than what I have.

mrdoug

Jun 11, 2013
So I got the spigen neo hybrid and I really like it. Has a cool look, is slim but protective... Quite happy with it. I finally got the Caseology Parallax ordered directly from caseology. Hope to receive it soon so I can compare.

So it's been over five days since my caseology order and I just noticed I haven't gotten a shipment email. Anyone with experience with this company? Are they usually this slow? I emailed them to get more information and they aren't responding as of yet. How's their customer service? Did I just get taken?

mamarcac

Sep 29, 2016
Otterbox...

At the risk of being unpopular, I got the Otterbox for the P2 because I'm fine sacrificing some thickness and bulk to protect this device. Also, I'm coming from an old S3 with a ZeroLemon battery so this is still a lot thinner and lighter.

The thought of this slipping/dropping/cracking makes me cringe. Shiver me timbers!

Following this thread, love hearing others' experinces!

JayBlack_686

Nov 23, 2012
Dallas
So it's been over five days since my caseology order and I just noticed I haven't gotten a shipment email. Anyone with experience with this company? Are they usually this slow? I emailed them to get more information and they aren't responding as of yet. How's their customer service? Did I just get taken?

Don't know if you got taken, but they have that case on Amazon for cheaper. Reviews aren't great for the Parallax, but there are only a few. I ordered the Legion today.

Last edited:

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I got a regular TPU which works fine. I ordered once from Peel. Never again. Their customer service is horrible and they are very very slow sending out product. MNML is similar plus cheaper and they get the product out fast.

Their customer service is top notch. I once asked when my order was shipped and they apologize for the delay and refunded the shipping cost. Good people

Reactions: razrlover

flunk03

Oct 12, 2011
bangalore
Picked up the UAG Plasma Ice case. It has become my daily driver over the Spigen Slim Armor. For a rugged case it is extremely light and has got a good grip. Buttons are also well done not as firm as the slim armor. Definitely going to recommend this for users who are interested in it. On a side note I checked with UAG about getting a citron/cobalt color variant to which they said as of now they don't have plans for it but will consider it based on community feedback/requests.

Reactions: mobile_sensei

delta7019

Dec 6, 2017
Spigen kickstand question

I just bought the spigen Slim armor, only available trough their website, no available on amazon yet, but so far i love it.
Here is a link to the picture on Gdrive

For the Spigen slim and tough armors, have you noticed if the kickstand is affecting the finish on your phone? Your pics show the hole in the TPU section which makes me worry that the kickstand can potentially make contact with the back of the device and ruin the finish over time.

Last edited:

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hey guys, I bought the Under Armour case at the Verizon store. It looks nice & fits great, but it's very bulky & makes using the power & volume buttons almost impossible. I paid $49.99 at Verizon just to have protection leaving the store, but I'm going to return it & go across the street to Walmart & grab the Urban Armor Gear case. I've used them on 4 previous phones & it's by far my favorite for look, fit, & protection. I also love the military styling of the design. If anyone here has bought the UAG case & doesn't like it shoot me a PM if you're interested in selling or trading.
~Thanks

mrdoug

Jun 11, 2013
Don't know if you got taken, but they have that case on Amazon for cheaper. Reviews aren't great for the Parallax, but there are only a few. I ordered the Legion today.
Yeah, I definitely got taken. I emailed them. They responded with a boilerplate answer of "you'll get an email when it ships". It has been 2 weeks today. Mind you, they took the money immediately... two weeks ago.

I emailed them saying mail it today or refund my card. I think, the way customer service is with this company, I'll have to file a dispute with my credit card.

Glad I had already bought a case (2 actually). Still, a very sad situation. I thought Caseology was a big company who could be trusted. Wondering if I should cancel my credit card to avoid the potential for fraud. I certainly don't trust them.

bchociej

Feb 26, 2010
Kansas City
Thought I'd crosspost my comments from the screen protector thread since I bought a Spigen Thin Fit at the same time. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74779023&postcount=356

Here's the gist: I like the Spigen Thin Fit very much. Although it doesn't completely protect the top and bottom edges, I think it is plenty sufficient, and the fit/feel/size are awesome. Very nice IMO. There's maybe 3mm between the Thin Fit and the SoMi TGSP -- more on the screen protector in the other thread.

dragona92

Jul 5, 2017
Anyone got a Dbrand skin for some info? Does it make it bulky enough for lens protection or not really?

cy88

Nov 14, 2010
Anyone got a Dbrand skin for some info? Does it make it bulky enough for lens protection or not really?

Nope it doesn't:
https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2FJXQziIsV1K91kQFqlNwxhda70jp03XABQ2yZwJ4zglncLbQBn2Qv1oGcLrC-88z2MUVXn4k2T4J7yYDAWmVa4YWZIDDLIxLcXzj-30mdddnGUtIf9TkRM03cxqiwNSVE_lVpYCa1oSlHGyfngAMOZHseEVu5x7n5k5MfPAcBb_5Q6k9cKvPyPm_TMevpe2SOdPmM_pJLtbVXj4vFJdFrgsHl7jfIWUtWaoCRUZ0U5W2Z0TCMupMRdDzmZ2OkmW30c-5Lp81wrupq6g4ZeXbvQKZoi_dZNCDBEHhMP0ZE-IYAIOpfz-hIYqmXaBXunvSWr67nVgOerwFFGC1z1_0r17WAA0WXiZ3PVj2Ly72dqd4qbjEVNdeJnaVCUYdDrM0k1JPZ4eeI7XiwXP9Ky_RxSBscQ2HorzU9klL5be6uG-upGAHWPsxkVSM35ObSBDDvhL6sO9XYyLByZuu72p6nMhwplgjMQMgqy9ixB2oCWqf4u5-bdZi5wadxbvg9L8M3YUkrbOkhiFOgakoHAGD0WzHmhYir0y4cc-QdJXwMnUuKJGoh8KxQ1RglRE1KQAyOLUgmYvkizWPOI9LPqiJPBOtBS_12euy6XcVCHoch_JM%3Dw1266-h949-no

Top Liked Posts