FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HomeBrews] Pixel 2: LineageOS/CarbonROM/DirtyUnicorns

407 posts
Thanks Meter: 349

By Ryche666, Senior Member on 2nd February 2018, 08:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean. In the early days it was just a one man show on one device, the EVO 3D. Since then, many others have joined the project and it has grown exponentially.

We have seen a lot of talent contribute to this project of ours. Big or small, the focus was always on contributing to the community. That is ultimately why we do what we do. After Jelly Bean, we decided to move to a new base, OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting base because it challenged us to see what we could do with a project that had different goals in mind. We learned a lot and again, gain contributors. With Lollipop, we moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. We grew even more and learned a whole lot more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Pre-Disclaimer:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BUILD. The intent is to showcase what is coming up soon. I have been working hard on getting Walleye on a level I consider DD ready, especially from a security side of things.
Please keep any problems with those builds in this thread, I don't accept any bug reports for any other builds other than my HomeBrews.

Disclaimer:
While I make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device. I ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash or post that you broke your phone!

Support:
I spend an astonishing amount of time developing this device. I can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Ask a question in this forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

Notice:
This build includes GApps for now. We're still working on ways to not prebundle it.
Before you flash, make sure you're on the latest 8.1 stock builds (and bootloader), then flash the ROM in TWRP.

Instructions :
Boot to TWRP
Format Data (If you didn't type YES, you did it wrong!)
adb sideload homebrews.zip
reboot system
(to gain root you must first boot homebrewsROM. Then reboot and to TWRP and install Magisk 1 6.0)

See below

Reporting Bugs:
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.
What is your--
Build Date:
Did you--
wipe:
all data?
install gapps when you weren't suppose to?
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

WARNING: These are my personal testing builds. They include unmerged, work-in-progress stuff such as SuperUser, Privacy Guard, Google Play services etc. DO NOT FLASH 3RD PARTY GAPPS PACKAGES!

If you see a warning about vendor partition mismatch, you can ignore that in most cases, but before reporting issues you should be on the right version (without the warning).

### RELEASES ###
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yK?usp=sharing

XDAevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Google Pixel 2
CarbonROM, ROM for the Google Pixel 2
DirtyUnicorns, ROM for the Google Pixel 2
Contributors
Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS
Source Code: http://github.com/CarbonROM
Source Code: http://github.com/DirtyUnicorns
Source Code: http://github.com/TresReinosDeLeche

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

### DONATE ###
paypal.me/JacobStermer

Created 2018-02-2
Last Updated 2018-03-Today
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Ryche666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryche666 Ad-Free

2nd February 2018, 08:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryche666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryche666 Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 08:47 PM |#3  
Flag Waukesha, WI
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Is there really no mainstream support for this device? Everything that comes out, no disrespect, is moonshine lol.
2nd February 2018, 08:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I for one am happy to see it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluvamk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iluvamk Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 09:17 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvamk

I for one am happy to see it.

Me to 🤗 do we need to flash twrp after the ROM like on pixel 1?
2nd February 2018, 09:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,448

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GohanBurner

Is there really no mainstream support for this device? Everything that comes out, no disrespect, is moonshine lol.

Don't devices that are not officially supported need someone to start the process and possible become a maintainer? I could be mistaken. I myself think moonshine is pretty cool and would love to know how to make it.
The Following User Says Thank You to razrlover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razrlover Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 09:56 PM |#7  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,064

Donate to Me
More
Holy crap do my lying eyes deceive me or is there a rom for the Pixel 2 LOL,,,thanks brother for letting me know about this. Now who is going to be the guinea pig and flash it LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrlover

Don't devices that are not officially supported need someone to start the process and possible become a maintainer? I could be mistaken. I myself think moonshine is pretty cool and would love to know how to make it.

2nd February 2018, 10:11 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel

Holy crap do my lying eyes deceive me or is there a rom for the Pixel 2 LOL,,,thanks brother for letting me know about this. Now who is going to be the guinea pig and flash it LOL

I'll flash it I just need more clear instructions. Likes wipes and do I need to flash twrp?
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonsamms666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jasonsamms666 Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 10:18 PM |#9  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,064

Donate to Me
More
Let us know how it goes brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsamms666

I'll flash it I just need more clear instructions. Likes wipes and do I need to flash twrp?

2nd February 2018, 10:25 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsamms666

boot to twrp.
wipe all data
adb sideload lineageos
reboot system.

After first boot then you can flash Magisk for root.

right now i am getting FC on Camera APP, X Google, Ok Google, and T Google something. My computer just crashed building the potential fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryche666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryche666 Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 10:31 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche666

boot to twrp.
wipe all data
adb push lineageos
reboot to bootloader
boot to twrp
adb push magisk
reboot to system.

right now i am getting FC on Camera APP, X Google, Ok Google, and T mobile something. My computer just crashed building the potential fix.

glad i did a backup. i just tried to install it normally and it didn't boot. i got ballsy :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)