Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Camera fatal error

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kloubik, Junior Member on 2nd November 2017, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Have anyone else been getting a "Camera fatal error" message with the camera app crashing repeatedly, also saying "can't connect to camera device". I have reset the phone and setup as new, deleted the app cache and data. So far nothing helps. It's random, I can't replicate it with specific action but it's super annoying. Yesterday the camera app crashed about 5 times in a row before it got usable again.

there is multiple people reporting this at other sites - so far no resolution, even on google support forum. Do you think it's a defective hardware or something that can be fixed with next update? I really like the pictures from the phone and how super smooth it is when working but the entire system is half baked. Many features not working or different apps crashing. this is my first google phone and I am quite surprised to have some many software issues as I thought google is firstly software company.

12th November 2017, 05:37 PM |#2  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Yes it happens to me often as well. I think it's a common problem especially if you use the camera frequently.
12th November 2017, 06:10 PM |#3  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 124

More
That's the first I've heard of this and even read about it on the web. I use my camera a lot and so doubt it's to do with usage.

Hopefully it's not a hardware issue for you!
15th November 2017, 11:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Me too
I am getting this problem as well. Also on occasion, I get purple bars across the image. After much frustration and a system wipe, it was still happening so Google sent me a replacement.
16th November 2017, 12:00 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Video camera has crashed twice for me in the month I've had the camera.
23rd November 2017, 09:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
ME TOO! Problem is reduced if resolution is reduced to 4K. Also Camera FV-5 doesn't crash - problem is app not hardware.
24th November 2017, 12:34 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborxperia

ME TOO! Problem is reduced if resolution is reduced to 4K. Also Camera FV-5 doesn't crash - problem is app not hardware.

Reduced to 4K? That's the highest resolution.
27th November 2017, 12:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Original setting was 12 Meg per image, I reduced to 7.7 and for a while that worked better, then that stopped, I set the resolution back to 12 and since then it has been working fine and quick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using XDA Free mobile app
27th November 2017, 08:02 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborxperia

Original setting was 12 Meg per image, I reduced to 7.7 and for a while that worked better, then that stopped, I set the resolution back to 12 and since then it has been working fine and quick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using XDA Free mobile app

It's difficult to tell if that sort of change made a difference or if the problem is just random.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)