FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Have failure rates on the google devices been crazy high?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ncageXDA, Junior Member on 11th June 2018, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Everyone. As the title states are the failure rates on google devices crazy high? I originally got a google pixel XL 1 for free after the battery issues the original Nexus 6P was having. I've had to deal with constant device replacement every since. I've had to replace it 3 times in a very short period for internal speaker thats used for phone calls failed (i could hear people's voice but they couldn't hear mine). Now last night i go unlock my phone and i see the following error message on the lock screen
"fingerprint hardware not available"

so i reboot the phone and the fingerprint settings even disappears from the settings menu. I call google support and they come to the conclusion its hardware failure.

I don't abuse my devices at all and if you look at my current pixel there isn't a scratch on it. This fall it looks like i will need a new device (i'm using an old device i had laying around the house for now). I much prefer android but if i can't get a google experience device then i will got back to IOS (i want updates). Samsung have beautiful hardware but i want updates. So i would like to get maybe a pixel 2 xl (if i get great price on one) or a pixel 3 xl this fall but of course i don't want to deal with these hardware failures anymore. Any advice would be appreciated.

12th June 2018, 04:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 401

More
We have no idea if the Pixel 3 will have any major issues. No point in worrying about that before the phone has even been released.

The hardware failure issues with your Nexus 6P and Pixel XL are unrelated. It doesn't mean Google phones have a high failure rate. The 6P was known to have battery issues but going through several RMAs fir the Pixel XL could just be bad luck.

From what I've seen the most common issues with the Pixel 2/XL have been less severe than with the Nexus 5x and 6P. The Pixel 2 XL seems to have had more issues than the Pixel 2 but even those are pretty minor compared to the 5x bootloop and 6P bootloop and battery problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
12th June 2018, 05:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Yes, Google devices have had a long history of issues:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...r-bug-t3578515

That being said, the Pixel 2 and 2 XL appear to finally breaking that trend.
15th June 2018, 01:03 AM |#4  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,708

More
The latest Pixels are headed in the right direction...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)