Originally Posted by cadcamaro
After my first posts here I just got an update from Google after sending my debug report 5 days ago. All I got was this so I'm going to try calling soon.
I could be wrong but I really doubt this a "bug". It's more likely it's just a result of human error. Since the phone has to connect to the internet to be able to toggle the OEM unlocking switch, I think it's fairly obvious it needs to check some sort of database to see if the phone is allowed to be unlocked. Most likely it's just a case of the phone not being entered into the database correctly. This happened on the OG Pixel too. Also, there were cases of Verizon phones being able to be unlocked when they (obviously) shouldn't have been allowed to.
Like I said, I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet that's what happens in these cases. A simple case of human error.