256 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By imtiax, Senior Member on 27th October 2017, 10:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2017, 03:51 AM |#21  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Happens to me here and there. Sometimes the phone freezes and while I can bring up the power menu, it doesnt turn off, got to press down the power button for 45 seconds to power it off

19th November 2017, 12:02 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pixel 2 restarts
I have the same problem. Random restarts, most of the time it happens when I am not even using it actively. Had the phone for almost two weeks. Happen on average once per 24 hours. But occasionally more often than that. My feeling is that it became less frequent after I uninstalled Lastpass which does not seem to work well on Oreo. I'm on 8.0 Nov 5th. Hope it is software related and will be fixed, really like it otherwise.
21st November 2017, 06:17 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've narrowed it down to being related to LTE network . . .* the area that my Pixel 2 xl continuously reboots with LTE has a Wilson Cell Amplifier in the area,*I got access to be able to unplug it temporarily . . . . and low and behold LTE is on, and no more reboots . . . . so the Amplifier is the culprit . . . . either the phone doesn't know how to work with a boosted signal or the booster doesn't know how to work with Pixel . . . the way to get it to stop rebooting was to turn off LTE here . . . Settings -> Network and Internet -> Mobile Network and change Preferred network type to only use 3G
Can anybody confirm that by turning off LTE fixes the reboot issue? (obviously not a fix, but at least we can know what is causing it)
The Following User Says Thank You to acidsnow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift acidsnow Ad-Free
21st November 2017, 06:30 PM |#24  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Mine too, playing a song on Spotify and just went black and rebooted, wasnt even a bad song.

Edit: Good point acidsnow, I was on the Underground with no signal when it rebooted though.
22nd November 2017, 07:54 AM |#25  
Flag Lowell
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I think you're on to something here. Every time mind rebooted it's when I'm on the road (and thus not on WiFi)- same geographic area too.
22nd November 2017, 10:47 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Mine not rebooting yet (only had it a couple of days) but every Android phone I've had so far struggles when the mobile network constantly goes in and out of coverage - the phone eventually crashes. On EE in the UK.
23rd November 2017, 06:54 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
This has happened to me a couple of more times since the first time, about once a week. Also lately I have been getting 1-2 spontaneous reboots per day, where I go to use the phone and need to re-enter PIN, everything is closed, uptime confirms a recent reboot.

Pretty disappointing as I love the phone otherwise but this is annoying. Apparently Google is working on it, I'm holding out hope that it is software issue but their total silence isn't encouraging...
23rd November 2017, 10:37 AM |#28  
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloimplant

This has happened to me a couple of more times since the first time, about once a week. Also lately I have been getting 1-2 spontaneous reboots per day, where I go to use the phone and need to re-enter PIN, everything is closed, uptime confirms a recent reboot.

Pretty disappointing as I love the phone otherwise but this is annoying. Apparently Google is working on it, I'm holding out hope that it is software issue but their total silence isn't encouraging...

Always check "Up Time" to know if it was rebooted. (System - about phone - status)

Have you tried installing the beta 8.1?

I haven't had any reboot yet with the Pixel 2. If you are really facing issues it might be a either a software or a hardware issue.

If your Up Time is not great and you confirm that the device is truly rebooting. What I would do in your case is to install 8.1 DP and use it for a week just with Google apps and WhatsApp (don't install nothing else for a week). If phone reboots....RMA

Sent from my Pixel 2
24th November 2017, 12:13 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Anyone getting soft reboots ?
randomly my phone sometimes will do a soft reboot and i say soft because its very fast doesn't got to the bootloader boot screen but i do have too put sim pin in and phone pin after the first time if will be stuck in a loop of this continuous rebooting once pin is entered. I have to hard reboot the phone to stop this behaviour (power and volume down)
This leads me to beleive it is a software issue ?
24th November 2017, 03:11 AM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpGrad3

Anyone getting soft reboots ?
randomly my phone sometimes will do a soft reboot and i say soft because its very fast doesn't got to the bootloader boot screen but i do have too put sim pin in and phone pin after the first time if will be stuck in a loop of this continuous rebooting once pin is entered. I have to hard reboot the phone to stop this behaviour (power and volume down)
This leads me to beleive it is a software issue ?

Are you rooted? I had a shitton of them today. So bad that the phone was unusable. I wondered if it were related to root so I completely removed magisk and haven't had a reboot since (at least 10 hrs).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to PiousInquisitor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PiousInquisitor Ad-Free
24th November 2017, 08:37 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiousInquisitor

Are you rooted? I had a shitton of them today. So bad that the phone was unusable. I wondered if it were related to root so I completely removed magisk and haven't had a reboot since (at least 10 hrs).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah i am rooted. I've been meaning to test this but i couldn't remember whether yo do stock restore or complete uninstall in Magisk and i read that people are getting full reboots whether rooted or not
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)