FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Portrait-mode Selfie

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By cdanie11, Junior Member on 19th October 2017, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How do you take a selfie in portrait-mode (to get the blurred background)? It doesn't seem to do it when I take a normal selfie nor does there seem to be an option or setting on the selfie camera mode. When I go to the portrait mode, there in no option to switch to the front camera.
Any help would be great! I've looked all over for an answer.
 
 
19th October 2017, 10:21 PM |#2  
bluh5d's Avatar
Senior Member
!Cloud Hack!
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanie11

How do you take a selfie in portrait-mode (to get the blurred background)? It doesn't seem to do it when I take a normal selfie nor does there seem to be an option or setting on the selfie camera mode. When I go to the portrait mode, there in no option to switch to the front camera.
Any help would be great! I've looked all over for an answer.

You switch cameras first then go to portrait 😀
19th October 2017, 10:25 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluh5d

You switch cameras first then go to portrait

Do you mean just open up the camera, switch to the front camera and then go to portrait? Cause when I do that it switches back to the front facing camera 🙁
19th October 2017, 10:31 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
update the camera app from the play store and you should be good to go.
19th October 2017, 10:42 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdurepos

update the camera app from the play store and you should be good to go.

It seems like that's not an option since the camera is a default app. Doesn't even show up in my apps in the play store.
19th October 2017, 10:46 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanie11

It seems like that's not an option since the camera is a default app. Doesn't even show up in my apps in the play store.

I had the same behavior as you until I connected to wifi and updated from the play store.
19th October 2017, 10:49 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdurepos

I had the same behavior as you until I connected to wifi and updated from the play store.

Hmm...I am connected to Wi-Fi. I even tried searching for it in the play store and it was all outside apps that came up.
19th October 2017, 10:52 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanie11

Hmm...I am connected to Wi-Fi. I even tried searching for it in the play store and it was all outside apps that came up.

Go to My Apps and Games from the menu in the top left of the home screen in the play store. Do you not see any updates available?
19th October 2017, 10:59 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdurepos

Go to My Apps and Games from the menu in the top left of the home screen in the play store. Do you not see any updates available?

No I have it set on automatic and it says no updates available. I tried turning everything on and off as well just in case and checked on both WiFi and data connections
19th October 2017, 11:35 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanie11

How do you take a selfie in portrait-mode (to get the blurred background)? It doesn't seem to do it when I take a normal selfie nor does there seem to be an option or setting on the selfie camera mode. When I go to the portrait mode, there in no option to switch to the front camera.
Any help would be great! I've looked all over for an answer.

UPDATE: there is a cool feature I found under settings. Click support at the bottom and it allows you to chat with a support and then do a screen share. He did a troubleshoot for me and figured out that I am in fact running the version of camera that doesn't have the front facing portrait. He said the update is being released in batches and that is why it's not in my play store. Thanks everyone for your help!
20th October 2017, 12:27 AM |#11  
bluh5d's Avatar
Senior Member
!Cloud Hack!
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanie11

UPDATE: there is a cool feature I found under settings. Click support at the bottom and it allows you to chat with a support and then do a screen share. He did a troubleshoot for me and figured out that I am in fact running the version of camera that doesn't have the front facing portrait. He said the update is being released in batches and that is why it's not in my play store. Thanks everyone for your help!

Cool, I was going to say it's working fine on my pixel 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes