FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[QUESTION] Correct way go backup/restore the Pixel 2?

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By JGoldz75, Senior Member on 10th April 2018, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the second time that I have tried to restore a backup from TWRP only to find myself stuck in the bootloader with the "AuthFailed" yellow banner on the bottom. What am I doing wrong? When I created the backup, I had selected every checkbox that I could to back up everything and that is what I restored, but that obviously didn't work. Which are the correct checkmarks to check to get the system to backup/restore correctly without tripping this authentification bootloop?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

10th April 2018, 09:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoldz75

This is the second time that I have tried to restore a backup from TWRP only to find myself stuck in the bootloader with the "AuthFailed" yellow banner on the bottom. What am I doing wrong? When I created the backup, I had selected every checkbox that I could to back up everything and that is what I restored, but that obviously didn't work. Which are the correct checkmarks to check to get the system to backup/restore correctly without tripping this authentification bootloop?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

When I make my backups I leave the three things that are automatically checked off boot, system and data. I haven't had any problem restoring backups. Hope this helps
14th April 2018, 11:23 PM |#3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Another backup-restore question. All my other phones had sd cards so my backups and titanium backups we're all stored there.
If I wipe and flash a new rom won't I wipe the backup when reformatting? Where should I store the backup?
15th April 2018, 03:28 PM |#4  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS823

Another backup-restore question. All my other phones had sd cards so my backups and titanium backups we're all stored there.
If I wipe and flash a new rom won't I wipe the backup when reformatting? Where should I store the backup?

The phone has a partition that acts like an SD card and won't be wiped unless you perform a full data erase.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuffDaddy_d Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 03:58 AM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d

The phone has a partition that acts like an SD card and won't be wiped unless you perform a full data erase.

What if I need to do a full system wipe? I've been backing up and then transferring the folder to Google drive and then uploading the backup when needed. Seems like extra work, I miss the convenience of sd cards, is there a way to partition just backups?
14th June 2018, 04:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS823

What if I need to do a full system wipe? I've been backing up and then transferring the folder to Google drive and then uploading the backup when needed. Seems like extra work, I miss the convenience of sd cards, is there a way to partition just backups?

You can backup to a computer. If that isn't feasible or you just don't want to do that, you can use a USB flash drive. Plug the drive into the USB B-USB C adapter that came with the phone and then plug it into your phone. I use a USB flash drive for Titanium Backup backups. TWRP backups too. Works great.
The Following User Says Thank You to robocuff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robocuff Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 11:00 PM |#7  
Flag Little Falls
Thanks Meter: 37

More
The yellow authfailed at bootloader error. I had to deal with that the other day where even an install of the factory image couldn't fix. I had to use dueces script to get my phone working again. I'm not sure what it does that Google's flash_all.bat doesn't.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...shing-t3725778
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)