21 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By rdmrocha, Junior Member on 6th June 2018, 09:57 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
It's out now with both factory images and OTAs

https://developer.android.com/preview/download

https://developer.android.com/preview/download-ota

FlashKernel v2.43 + Magisk 16.4 working fine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdmrocha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdmrocha Ad-Free

6th June 2018, 09:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Magisk is still working for me, still passing SafetyNet.
7th June 2018, 12:10 AM |#3  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Not possible to sideload the OTA file via TWRP, correct?
7th June 2018, 12:28 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie

Not possible to sideload the OTA file via TWRP, correct?

Not sure. I installed it by unpacking the factory image and removing the -w from the flash-all script
The Following User Says Thank You to rdmrocha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdmrocha Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:51 AM |#5  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I always forget about that.
7th June 2018, 11:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
got it yesterday through ota, till now it runs fine. No performance difference so far (no unlock timeout luckily, although the problem was with Oreo June update, you'll never know if it travels to P).

Think I found 2 differences so far. The first is pretty cool, on the AOD you see now the weather under the time, next to the date, the weather icon is in color, looks really nice! The battery indicator on the AOD looks the same, bit too small in my opinion, little doubt if the font size is +1... but i don't think so.

The second thing that i found is that when you search in the settings, the result isn't flashing anymore but just a solid color that indicates the option you where searchinig for.

Adaptive Battery is enabled automatic after update, i turned it off before, because it just used more battery in standby when i turned it on. In the first couple of hours, it looks like it now works when enabled. After a couple of days it should be clear if it makes the standby drain a little less.

Couple of dutch apps work now, those crashed before when launching them. NOS, Ziggo GO are working fine now. The ABN Wallet app (sort of google pay replacement) doesn't crash on launch, but i need a reader to enable this wallet, and that reader is at home, i'm at work now

I did not factory reset the phone because it is a small update.
The Following User Says Thank You to psychomaniac82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psychomaniac82 Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 01:50 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm noticing terrible battery drain. For instance unplugged phone when fully charged at around 3:30am by 8:30am battery was at 56%. Before the update only 5-6% would be discharged during that time. Battery stats show no app usage and claims everything is fine so I have no idea of the cause.
7th June 2018, 03:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 756

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullness

I'm noticing terrible battery drain. For instance unplugged phone when fully charged at around 3:30am by 8:30am battery was at 56%. Before the update only 5-6% would be discharged during that time. Battery stats show no app usage and claims everything is fine so I have no idea of the cause.

https://developer.android.com/preview/release-notes

Well what you're describing is mentioned in the release notes under Known Issues.
7th June 2018, 03:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDobe

https://developer.android.com/preview/release-notes

Well what you're describing is mentioned in the release notes under Known Issues.

True, but it's good to let people know the extent of the problem, known or not. Personally I would not have updated if I knew the issue was this extreme. Point taken about it being a known issue though.
7th June 2018, 04:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

True, but it's good to let people know the extent of the problem, known or not. Personally I would not have updated if I knew the issue was this extreme. Point taken about it being a known issue though.

Until now (half day use) I don't have much battery difference between dp2 and dp3. Try to turn adjustable battery management off. In dp2 my phone had less drain with the feature off. This half a day I have turned it on and testing if the drain better or worse. But the drain you're describing isn't normal. Have you tried to factory reset? With Google backup it isn't much of a hassle in my opinion.
7th June 2018, 04:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 756

More
Quote:

I get what you're saying. Just didn't know if you knew about the known issue so I wanted to make you (and others) aware that there are known bug & where to find that documentation. We're all so excited to try the latest/greatest that we never look at what might be wrong.

Also my anecdotal battery usage has been decent since I flashed. Obviously today is my first full day of usage but so far it hasn't been too bad. I unplugged ~6:45am, made a 15min phone call, and it's been sitting on my desk getting minimal usage & I'm at 95% and it's currently 10am.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)