FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 897

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 8th October 2017, 12:45 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how well you can see the Google Pixel 2's display outdoors. In case you've been playing Minecraft for 18 months straight, you might not known how to get outside anymore. Well, find the door and walk through it. A higher rating indicates that it has very high maximum brightness and thus fantastic outdoor visibility in direct sunlight.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

21st October 2017, 08:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Brightness level has been noticeably lower than my previous phone the oneplus 3. In the full sunlight it is... Tolerable
26th October 2017, 09:22 PM |#3  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 225

More
My Honor 8 gets noticeably brighter at the max setting. What I don't know yet is does the Pixel have the adaptive contrast feature that automatically boosts the darker sections of the image in direct sunlight for better visibility? Granted, you have to have this option enabled under developer options (make the screen easier to read in direct sunlight).
16th November 2017, 02:11 PM |#4  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 350

More
I was expecting this thing to outshine the sun for $1000. It's only marginally better at full brightness than my Nexus 6.
21st November 2017, 12:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Hopefully not driving the AMOLED display so hard will at least make it last a little longer?!
25th November 2017, 07:20 PM |#6  
Flag Oakland/Portland
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartickler

I was expecting this thing to outshine the sun for $1000. It's only marginally better at full brightness than my Nexus 6.

The pixel 2 costs $649.99 USDA
You are about $350 off bub.
The Following User Says Thank You to ErikFry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ErikFry Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 08:29 PM |#7  
Flag Washington D.C
Thanks Meter: 93

More
definitely not bright enough at max brightness, hope flar2 will bring HBM (high brightness mode) to pixel 2 someday
23rd December 2017, 11:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I never go higher than 30% brightness when outdoors, not needed
29th May 2018, 12:34 PM |#9  
Flag Andover
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoraysama

I never go higher than 30% brightness when outdoors, not needed

I'd hate to live where you are, is it permanently cloudy? In bright sun, that sometimes appears in the UK, I'd say that it's not bright enough, even at 100%

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
31st May 2018, 07:04 PM |#10  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dd1

I'd hate to live where you are, is it permanently cloudy? In bright sun, that sometimes appears in the UK, I'd say that it's not bright enough, even at 100%

Agreed, even my Honor 8 had a sunlight mode that boosted shadows to increase visibility. Seems like the pixel 2 does not. The screen simply doesn't get as bright as other flagships.
9th June 2018, 06:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 399

More
It's about as bright as my OnePlus 3T. More than bright enough for sunny days. Only phone I've had that was too dim at 100% in sunlight was the Nexus 6.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)