FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall love

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 897

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 8th October 2017, 12:45 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Google Pixel 2, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Google Pixel 2 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

23rd October 2017, 12:19 AM |#2  
Flag winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Now that I have one in hand I do truly love it it's an amazing phone it does what I want when I want. The screen is amazing it get so bright! The feed back for the keyboard is just right and the endless little things it does the software is so refined now and only going to get better. This is were Android is at.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xstokerx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xstokerx Ad-Free
16th November 2017, 02:00 PM |#3  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 350

More
I am so disappointed in this phone.
18th November 2017, 08:13 PM |#4  
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 431

More
I'm in love with the Pixel 2. It's the 2017 version of the Nexus 5. I was missing too much a powerful Google phone with small size.

It's still expensive compared to the Nexus 5/5X but at least it has minimum 3 years of updates guaranteed (unlike the Pixel 1).
4 or 5 years would be optimal but I think Google is getting there.

Sent from my Pixel 2
29th November 2017, 08:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm really happy with it. It looks like a shrunk Nexus 6P from the front.
Coming from the Nexus 6p general thoughts:
- The 6p from 2015 has a better screen, higher resolution aside it's significantly brighter @ maximum brightness
- In general use(I dont play games with it) it seems slightly faster but not alot.
- Its weird going back to a smaller phone, the 6p feels massive/unwieldy when I hold it now.
- I know the XL is popular but given the return to the 6p dual speaker Google should have used Huawei to make the XL, the y would have hit it out of the park (and I'd probably be an XL owner).
11th December 2017, 03:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
i'm very happy with this phone. way better than my pixel 1. battery life is unreal compared to what I used to get on my pixel wiht the same usage. I have no issues getting well over 1 day + with 3-4 hours SOT.
super snappy and responsive and love that I was able to unlock the bootloader and root in case I want to try out future developments.
17th December 2017, 03:12 PM |#7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 779

More
I started using Android on the OG Motorola Droid then Droid X until Nexus phones hit the market & have owned nothing but Google phones since. When I was heavy into ROM & Play Store app development I often bought other popular phones for testing & as a writer for various Android sites was able to test several phones including Flagship devices from all the big name producers & have to say that the Pixel 2 is by far in my opinion the best iteration of an Android phone thus far. Performance, features, battery life, etc is top notch. I don't mind a bezel & if I were able to change something about the device it would be a removable battery & for Google to stand up to carriers like Verizon & say "Hey - if you want to be the exclusive carrier for this phone we will not lock bootloaders". Google is touted as pure Android and Android was built around the idea of freedom & community development. I hope to see Google add more functionality to the fingerprint sensor in the form of scrolling, camera shutter button, etc - all already developed by independent developers.
To close on a positive note, I am Glad to see Google taking steps towards rectifying the fragmentation problems with projects like Android One (Sprout) and Project Treble.
17th December 2017, 11:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Trying hard to Love it :confused:
I love google andoid devices since my Nexus 5 (Which ended up very badly after 2 years though)

So I baught Pixel 2 again,

Battery 4 hours of SOT (with video call, LTE and Youtube usage
Heating issue when playing game or when on video call
No Headphone in box
No USB cable to connect to computer in box

If somehow I can ignore all this in coming days I wont return it.
20th December 2017, 03:29 PM |#9  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Delivers on what I expected. Good value as I got a 40% discount.
20th December 2017, 03:44 PM |#10  
Flag Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just got this phone late last week.

As a previous iPhone 6s user, the switch felt seamless as hardware wise I it didn't feel different to hold in the hand. Finger print reader location moved but felt more convenient and responsiveness and layout of the phone just felt right.

I got mine through Verizon with the $300 off promo which isn't a bad deal seeing as I sold my iPhone and was funding for a Gen 1 Pixel.

#teampixel
The Following User Says Thank You to Donny.Saengkio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Donny.Saengkio Ad-Free
25th December 2017, 11:21 PM |#11  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Definitely not worth the full retail price. Other OEM's have surpassed Google in hardware and design, and on top of that, the clean android experience is completely over-rated. The phone feels great in the hand, runs great, and the camera is top notch. But all of those features are commonplace among flagships in 2017. The only real advantage the pixel line has is the updates and the camera software (which will get ported to other devices again like last year).

Don't get me wrong, in a vacuum, the phone is spectacular. But it's also pretty mundane compared to everything else. My 2016 Honor 8 does more and costs less than the Pixel 2. Stock software is really holding this device back. A few more bells and whistles would have gone a long way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuffDaddy_d Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)