This kernel has been discontinued as I no longer own my Pixel 3 XL and have moved on. The original post has been retained below for transparency, but I would strongly recommend using another kernel.
I am not liable if your phone explodes, stops functioning, or turns into scrap metal. I have no obligation to publish this kernel. However, if you provide an accurate description of your issue accompanied with logs, it is likely that I will at least look into your issue. By flashing this kernel, you acknowledge the potential risks it brings.
Proton Kernel strives to provide the perfect balance of performance and battery life in order to create the best possible experience for your phone. Features are welcome if they are useful, within reason. The kernel has been debloated to reduce size and improve performance.
Stock and custom Pie ROMs are supported. Both the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are supported in the same package. Wiping cache isn't necessary. Magisk is retained, so there is no need to reflash it afterwards. The kernel may be flashed from TWRP or your app of choice.
Android Q is NOT supported, nor will it ever be.
• Latest upstream Linux 4.9.191
• Latest Google August updates
• Compiled with bare-metal GCC 9.1.0
• Heavily tuned Spectrum and FKM performance profiles
• Numerous configuration changes for performance, size, and battery
• Heavily debloated for faster boot, enhanced security, and smaller download
• Fast and versatile installer (modified version of @osm0sis' AnyKernel2)
• Sound control (microphone and speakers only; @flar2)
• Latest WireGuard VPN snapshot
• KCAL advanced color control
• A wide variety of battery and performance improvements from the Qualcomm, Pixel 3a, Snapdragon 855, and more kernels
• CPU governors: performance, powersave, schedutil, userspace, ondemand, conservative
• I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, cfq, anxiety, bfq
• Various improvements from @Sultanxda, @arter97, @ab123321, @Freak07, etc
• Vibration control (@flar2)
• TCP congestion control algorithms: westwood, reno, bbr, bic, cdg, cubic, dctcp, highspeed, hybla, htcp, vegas, nv, veno, scalable, lp, yeah, illinois
• Xbox and DualShock USB controller support
• Simple LMK for improved memory management and reduced camera opening lag (@Sultanxda)
• Assorted scheduler patches to improve battery and performance
• Speculative page fault for faster app opening
• Support for forcing fast charging (500 mA limit bumped to 900 mA for USB, 5V limit bumped to 9V for wireless)
• Simple GPU Algorithm
• AVB 2.0 and dm-verity fully disabled (allows custom boot animation on stock ROM)
• Display tweaks
• Speaker gain control and backlight dimmer
• Efficient in-kernel CPU and memory boosting solution (modified version of @Sultanxda's work)
• Improved overall performance and battery life compared to stock
• Faster lock implementations backported from mainline
• Lots of backports from the mainline kernel
• Scheduler improvements and fixes from Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 kernel
• Support for common Realtek RTL815x USB Ethernet adapters
• A few F2FS tweaks (namely Rapid GC) by @arter97
• I/O prioritization by app groups (background, foreground, etc) when using CFQ (ported from Pixel 3a) for better UX during background app updates and other I/O-heavy scenarios
• Countless other features and optimizations to enhance the overall experience
Downloads and changelogs can be found here on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest. Alternatively, you can simply download the latest version here.
Join the Telegram group for beta builds and support
Donate to support development
Proton Kernel, Kernel for the Google Pixel 3 XL
Source Code: https://github.com/kdrag0n/proton_bluecross
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: v19
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-08
Last Updated 2019-09-09