FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TWRP 3.2.3-1 for Pixel 3 XL

1,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,540

Post Reply Email Thread
ADB does not work! On the Pixel 3XL, TWRP takes a while to boot up. Be patient, it will boot!

Note, I don't own a Pixel 3 XL, just the regular Pixel 3 (blueline). I personally won't be able to fix ADB. If you have some talent with init scripts and fixing ADB, feel free to work on it and submit a patch.

MTP does not work in TWRP on the Pixel 3 and will not work until we have time to update the TWRP MTP implementation. You will either have to transfer files while in Android or use a USB OTG cable and a thumb drive.

Pixel devices have 2 "slots" for ROMs / firmware. TWRP will detect whichever slot is currently active and use that slot for backup AND restore. There are buttons on the reboot page and under backup -> options to change slots. Changing the active slot will cause TWRP to switch which slot that TWRP is backing up or restoring. You can make a backup of slot A, switch to B, then restore the backup which will restore the backup of A to slot B. Changing the slot in TWRP also tells the bootloader to boot that slot.

The zip install method installs TWRP to both slots.

Installation:
If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.

If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip. Copy the zip to your device. You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed. Power off your device completely. Hold volume down and turn on the device. Your device should now be in the bootloader. Connect the device to your PC. Open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:

fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img

This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. If you are using a lockscreen pin/pattern/password and do not get prompted to enter your passord, reboot to the bootloader and try again. Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. If you are currently rooted, you will need to reflash the stock boot image before installing TWRP. After installing the stock boot image, follow the instructions for installing TWRP. Once TWRP is installed, you will need to reflash root.

If you accidently flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

3.2.3-0: Initial release for the Pixel 3 devices
3.2.3-1: Fix touch when TWRP is installed on the 3 XL

Pixel 3:
https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel3.html
https://dl.twrp.me/blueline/

Pixel 3 XL:
https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel3xl.html
https://dl.twrp.me/crosshatch/
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd November 2018, 04:08 AM |#2  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 13,540

Donate to Me
More
Reserved!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2018, 04:33 AM |#3  
Flag Mankato, MN
Thanks Meter: 255

Donate to Me
More
Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
2nd November 2018, 05:17 AM |#4  
Flag Neptune City NJ
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Thank you so much so appreciated what you do brotha. Grateful

2nd November 2018, 05:42 AM |#5  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello, after flash twrp, bootloader enter reason shows "combo key", and cant enter nomal OS. How to solve it?
2nd November 2018, 08:11 AM |#6  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiao322528

hello, after flash twrp, bootloader enter reason shows "combo key", and cant enter nomal OS. How to solve it?

Did you flash it? The instructions say specifically to not flash TWRP using fastboot.

Quote:

If you accidently flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

You need to fastboot boot twrp.img, then use the twrp_installer.zip INSIDE TWRP to install correctly.

If you can't boot, flash the stock boot.img to boot_a and boot_b and you should be back to normal.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I installed TWRP successfully and was able to boot into it, but it appears the touch screen is unresponsive when I do this? I can turn the screen on and off, and TWRP will show the lock symbol and decrypt screen, but it's completely unresponsive to touch inputs.

This does NOT happen when I use `fastboot boot twrp.img` only when I used the installed TWRP.

Others having this issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to PewPewK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PewPewK Ad-Free
2nd November 2018, 09:15 AM |#7  
Flag Neptune City NJ
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Yup. You have to wait for a modified boot.img/kernel I totally forgot about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewK

Did you flash it? The instructions say specifically to not flash TWRP using fastboot.

You need to fastboot boot twrp.img, then use the twrp_installer.zip INSIDE TWRP to install correctly.

If you can't boot, flash the stock boot.img to boot_a and boot_b and you should be back to normal.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I installed TWRP successfully and was able to boot into it, but it appears the touch screen is unresponsive when I do this? I can turn the screen on and off, and TWRP will show the lock symbol and decrypt screen, but it's completely unresponsive to touch inputs.

This does NOT happen when I use `fastboot boot twrp.img` only when I used the installed TWRP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddienuxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freddienuxx Ad-Free
2nd November 2018, 09:22 AM |#8  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

It was partition issues. I changed boot a to b, of course it is black...now everything is ok, but same problem as yours. Thank god!
2nd November 2018, 12:42 PM |#9  
Carmel, In.
Thanks Meter: 382

More
Quote:

Where? I think you mean ADB. How else are you going to flash it?

edit: I see what you mean. Boot, then flash with the booted TWRP. NEVER MIND...CARRY ON.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote:

Yup. Same problem. This also happened on the P2/P2xl. You needed to flash a custom kernel as well. We'll have to wait for that. Until then, do all of your flashing during the "booted" TWRP.

edit: so yeah, pretty much what @freddienuxx said. I'm not having a good morning guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to ridobe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ridobe Ad-Free
2nd November 2018, 12:50 PM |#10  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,370

More
It's seems everything is working properly on the Pixel 3 but not the 3 XL.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift airmaxx23 Ad-Free
2nd November 2018, 02:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
non responsive touch on p3xl 128gb
bootable working fine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, team win, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)