Android 11 Developer Preview

Search This thread

crixley

May 25, 2012
Looking forward to hearing experiences, bugs and what not before I make the jump.

crixley

May 25, 2012
I rather you tell me first. Lol

Lol should have seen that one coming. It's killing me not to take the leap so I may end up just saying f it and going in blind.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Did it! So far so good. I'm going to see if root will work, tested calling and messaging and stuff and it seems fine. I didn't wipe either.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

No root but that was pretty well a given.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

New animations are really smooth. A lot of cool little bounce effects.

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder if this still works?

adb shell sm set-isolated-storage off

Is it just me or is Android getting boring. I see no innovation is this new release. I'm starting to think I have been here too long. Apple will never be an option for me. I will definitely live with the incremental iterations of Android but am loosing my passion. Show me something earth shattering like you once did.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

calbrs

Aug 7, 2010
Bay Area
Just installed the OTA about an hour ago. So far all of my apps are working ok, including Chase and Capital One. Google Pay I have not tried using yet at a machine.
The only thing that I am missing is the voicemail tab on the dialer. Also my galaxy watch is a bit sluggish right now, but that may be due to low battery.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

you said you didnt wipe, but it still delete all you data in phone right?
im in non unlocked bootloader

I flashed the OTA without wiping and it did not delete any data.

crixley

May 25, 2012
you said you didnt wipe, but it still delete all you data in phone right?
im in non unlocked bootloader

Remove -w from the fastboot flash all batch file

*Sorry read that wrong initially. I don't think the ota file wipes automatically but I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Has anybody on Google Fi that uses an e-SIM flashed the preview yet? I haven't been able to get my service to fully activate since flashing. Calls and texts can still be made, but the fun things like RCS and VPN can't be used until the service is activated.

Just curious. I know it's a preview and things will be broken. I'm more looking for corroborating information and if anybody's discovered a workaround.

Download Fialer from PlayStore and do a Sim Switch or mess with the cellular info in fialer other than that mine is up a running fine which I use Hangouts for msg.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-050618.jpg
    Screenshot_20200221-050618.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
Hi All, Sorry for the Newbie question... I have a Pixel 2 and 3 as a play around phone as I use an S10 for my work/main line...
So, would love to give 11 a go... Last time I just received an OTA to join and I see OTA being mentioned ... So just curious do we have to flash this first beta manually or can we get access via an OTA?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

crixley

May 25, 2012
Hi All, Sorry for the Newbie question... I have a Pixel 2 and 3 as a play around phone as I use an S10 for my work/main line...
So, would love to give 11 a go... Last time I just received an OTA to join and I see OTA being mentioned ... So just curious do we have to flash this first beta manually or can we get access via an OTA?

You have to flash this one manually. They don't release the sign up until beta 1. This is still in developer preview stage, though extremely stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's up! https://www.xda-developers.com/andr...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Trying to decide if I can live without root and give it a go.
    I rather you tell me first. Lol

Lol should have seen that one coming. It's killing me not to take the leap so I may end up just saying f it and going in blind.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Did it! So far so good. I'm going to see if root will work, tested calling and messaging and stuff and it seems fine. I didn't wipe either.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

New animations are really smooth. A lot of cool little bounce effects.
    I have flashed Android 11 two days back.
    Past two days i didn't face any major issues with my daily works. Android 11 DP1 looks stable for me.

Only thing i found that I'm not able to flash the ROM without unlocking the bootloader. Any idea on why?

That depends on what image you flash.

The OTA for Android R/11 is here. These don't need an unlocked bootloader.

The factory firmware for Android R/11 is here (requires unlocked bootloader).

There is a new partition that appears to be part of the early boot process so Magisk will need some work. Mr. Wu is looking at it, but it may be trial and error on his part until source is released.
    After a long time, of not having rooted a pixel, i opted in for the beta. Received an ota update, all went smooth. All apps working, battery life seems to be much better. Only gripe is that the screenshot option when the power button is long pressed is gone. Have to enable it under accessibility and swipe up with 2 fingers to get a choice ,?. Have to get used to that i suppose, no other significant change from 10 to 11.
    You get screenshot either with volume down and power button long press or from recent apps it's on the left