FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Burn in after less than 24 hours

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By MervinsOnlineID, Member on 18th October 2018, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Not even 24 hours. I don't even go pass 40% brightness. The burn in is towards the right corner of the screen next to the notch. It's not image retention because it would have faded away after a couple of minutes. Will be chatting with customer service in a few. I'll let you know the outcome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MEc...w?usp=drivesdk

18th October 2018, 01:44 PM |#2  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MervinsOnlineID

Not even 24 hours. I don't even go pass 40% brightness. The burn in is towards the right corner of the screen next to the notch. It's not image retention because it would have faded away after a couple of minutes. Will be chatting with customer service in a few. I'll let you know the outcome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MEc...w?usp=drivesdk

What are we to be seeing? I only see all white like the rest of the display.
18th October 2018, 01:48 PM |#3  
OP Member
Los Angeles

More
It's basically the notification bar. Gonna try get a better angle.
18th October 2018, 02:42 PM |#4  
Flag Sanford, ME
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

What are we to be seeing? I only see all white like the rest of the display.

Yeah I just zoomed in all the way on the image, and I can't see anything...

Clickbait title is clickbait?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyates For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyates Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 04:01 PM |#5  
Flag Annapolis
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Most likely image retention, not burn in.
18th October 2018, 04:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 270

More
white ui must die!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky_strike33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucky_strike33 Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 05:40 PM |#7  
OP Member
Los Angeles

More
I wish that it was clickbait. Don't really like to go through the whole RMA process again with Google. It's quite hard to snap a picture of it but this one captures it better than the original photo. I played a number of videos for an hour or so to see if it goes away. The image burn is still noticeable.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-J...ew?usp=sharing
18th October 2018, 05:57 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MervinsOnlineID

I wish that it was clickbait. Don't really like to go through the whole RMA process again with Google. It's quite hard to snap a picture of it but this one captures it better than the original photo. I played a number of videos for an hour or so to see if it goes away. The image burn is still noticeable.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-J...ew?usp=sharing

It's image retention. I don't see a thing. This is a non issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmartin72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmartin72 Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 06:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 516

More
I think you might have a case of hypersensitivity.. I cannot see the slightest difference across any of the pics you provided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pure+ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pure+ Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 06:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
That's image retention, not burn-in. Many OLED displays do this. As long as you don't keep the phone at max brightness or still images on the screen for extended periods, this should not be a big issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guyinlaca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Guyinlaca Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 07:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Are you turning "off" the notch by enabling the black area around it? if so, that turns off the pixels and there will be some retention. I believe it is actually the rest of the screen "burning in" as it is being lit up and the area with the pixels being off now looking a bit different.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)