FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pixel 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By rumbikrobo, Account currently disabled on 11th October 2018, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Are you going to get a Tempered Glass Screen Protector for your Pixel 3? I might give caseology a try on this one but I'm probably going to wait at least a month to see reviews.

For now I'm going to try this
MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED
Per the forum rules, posing affiliate links is not allowed on XDA.

What are you planning to get?

12th October 2018, 05:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,486

Donate to Me
More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...ories-t3851922

Get a few from these guys while you're waiting. Keep your screen somewhat protected until we have time to figure out the best screen protectors.
The Following User Says Thank You to cambunch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cambunch Ad-Free
13th October 2018, 08:40 PM |#3  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 363

More
These flexible glass screen protectors have been a game changer for me.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...3-2733580.html

I prefer thin cases and traditional tempered glass is so thick that it sticks up beyond the lip of my case. These protect like glass, but flex just enough to not shatter on the first drop.

I am not affiliated with Brotect in any way. Just sharing my experience.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuffDaddy_d Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 08:55 PM |#4  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Until Whitestone Dome comes out with a screen protector for the Pixel 3/XL (or Belkin joins the Made for Google gang), you can pretty much guarantee that all options are going to provide a sub-optimal experience (rainbow effect, smaller than the viewable display, weak and visible adhesive, etc).

I've ordered the Verizon branded one so it's ready for when my phone arrives. I'm not optimistic in the least bit, but it's some sort of protection until hopefully Whitestone drops some love on the P3.
17th October 2018, 07:27 PM |#5  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht

Until Whitestone Dome comes out with a screen protector for the Pixel 3/XL (or Belkin joins the Made for Google gang), you can pretty much guarantee that all options are going to provide a sub-optimal experience (rainbow effect, smaller than the viewable display, weak and visible adhesive, etc).

I've ordered the Verizon branded one so it's ready for when my phone arrives. I'm not optimistic in the least bit, but it's some sort of protection until hopefully Whitestone drops some love on the P3.

I hope you're right that Whitestone Dome comes out with their own version for the pixel 3. I love the one that's on my pixel 2 XL. It's perfect no bubbles
17th October 2018, 10:37 PM |#6  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,165

Donate to Me
More
I too purchased the Verizon glass screen protector for my Pixel 3 but, when WhiteStone comes out with theirs I will def buy. Had one on my S9 and it was the total best experience for a glass screen protector. As long as you follow the directions and have patience it far outweighs any other protector with regard to clarity, screen adhesion, and toughness.
18th October 2018, 04:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
My Pixel 3 XL arrived this am sooner than expected. Was thinking of stoping by the Verizon Store to see if they have any of theirs in stock until something solid starts to surface. I have Whitestone on XL 2. It's shattered and cracked but great!! I ordered a Bodyguard but thinking of canceling it. Anyone got pics of anything installed? IntelliArmor, Verizon, etc.? Already seeing the cheap China brand reviews pop up on Amazon as bunk. Just hoping something is decent since the curve seems not so extreme.
19th October 2018, 01:16 PM |#8  
Flag DC

More
Installed the Verizon protector last night and have to say it's not bad at all. I like that it has adhesive all over vs just the edges, so no rainbow effect. Took my time to align with masking tape (make sure the screen is lit when you do it) and I'm very happy with the end result. I had bubbles that wouldn't initially go away, but figured they would once the screen warmed up (and they did). The fit is also great, covers all of the viewable display.

I'd say this one is a winner (esp. for the price).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wponder

My Pixel 3 XL arrived this am sooner than expected. Was thinking of stoping by the Verizon Store to see if they have any of theirs in stock until something solid starts to surface. I have Whitestone on XL 2. It's shattered and cracked but great!! I ordered a Bodyguard but thinking of canceling it. Anyone got pics of anything installed? IntelliArmor, Verizon, etc.? Already seeing the cheap China brand reviews pop up on Amazon as bunk. Just hoping something is decent since the curve seems not so extreme.

19th October 2018, 01:53 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Installed the Verizon protector last night and have to say it's not bad at all. I like that it has adhesive all over vs just the edges, so no rainbow effect. Took my time to align with masking tape (make sure the screen is lit when you do it) and I'm very happy with the end result. I had bubbles that wouldn't initially go away, but figured they would once the screen warmed up (and they did). The fit is also great, covers all of the viewable display.

I'd say this one is a winner (esp. for the price).

Do your edges lift? I stopped in a store yesterday and let them apply it. It does not stick around all the side edges and a few places on the bottom and top edges. edge-lift
19th October 2018, 03:33 PM |#10  
Flag DC

More
Did they use a template to apply it or guesstimate the application? I had mine arrive in the mail so I installed it myself. I don't have any lifting on the edges. You can try to warm up your screen by having it play a video for 20-30 mins then try pressing down on the edges that are coming up. Might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wponder

Do your edges lift? I stopped in a store yesterday and let them apply it. It does not stick around all the side edges and a few places on the bottom and top edges.

edge-lift

The Following User Says Thank You to spielnicht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spielnicht Ad-Free
19th October 2018, 03:38 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Did they use a template to apply it or guesstimate the application? I had mine arrive in the mail so I installed it myself. I don't have any lifting on the edges. You can try to warm up your screen by having it play a video for 20-30 mins then try pressing down on the edges that are coming up. Might work.

Nah, he eyeballed it. He also had to pull it and reset it a few times so I think he exceeded the capacity of the adhesive to handle it. I can take it in and let them try again or get a refund. Good to know there is a chance it can stick. I might hit it with a hair dryer today. I agree with you looks like it should stick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)