FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pixel stand is not rapid charging

1,592 posts
Thanks Meter: 141

By grifforama, Senior Member on 30th October 2018, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have had my phone on charge this morning for way over 3 hours. It's not even charged 20%.

30th October 2018, 08:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I didn't use my pixel stand. But I used a third part wireless charger today at work (I know, only 5w) and it couldn't even get my phone more than 4% charged from where it started. I've been using this wireless charger for a week and left work every day with 98%. Today I'm at 69%. Was there a software update overnight?
1st November 2018, 02:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
mine works perfect. make sure your centered on the stand, i know that one night, i thought it was on the stand correctly, but it wasnt.. and didnt charge at all that night.
29th December 2018, 04:59 AM |#4  

More
The obvious
Any wireless charger even the better ones like the pixel specific one will always be a lot less than the I see n charger.

The idea behind the dock is that whenever you rest or down during the peak hours when you're using it on and off, you end up resting it on the charger, so at the very least it stops depleting.

If you need a proper quick charge boost, like 10 mins before you jump in a taxi at 2am to your new tinder / grindr friend, then use the dedicated quick charge plug
5th January 2019, 08:07 AM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifforama

I have had my phone on charge this morning for way over 3 hours. It's not even charged 20%.

Reboot your phone and try put it again at the stand. Every time it works for me when mine begin to charge at the stand slowly. Hope Google will fix it.
8th January 2019, 08:28 PM |#6  
NORTHERN, CA
Thanks Meter: 91

More
I had this issue when i first got my pixel stand while using it with a case.

I had the moment case on my phone, and it would only slow charge. I took the case off put it on the pixel stand (which now shows fast charge), took off stand put the case back on and when i put the phone back on now it always shows fast charge.

hope that helps
9th January 2019, 03:36 AM |#7  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitzjohnny

I had this issue when i first got my pixel stand while using it with a case.

I had the moment case on my phone, and it would only slow charge. I took the case off put it on the pixel stand (which now shows fast charge), took off stand put the case back on and when i put the phone back on now it always shows fast charge.

hope that helps

Once I put my Pixel at the stand and it showed "charging slowly". I left it there, but when I checked it some time later it showed "charging rapidly". So, maybe in some cases it needs some time to recognize protocol and switch from slow to rapid charge. It happened several times (but before the last update).
The Following User Says Thank You to Che Kirila For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Che Kirila Ad-Free
14th January 2019, 11:41 AM |#8  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 166

More
the pixel stand is a buggy expensive mess! it randomly switches to slow charging and even in rapid charging it doesnt charge as fast as Samsung does on wireless charge
16th January 2019, 04:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Do you guys have an issue with the Clock Screen Saver coming up? If i set it for "charging or docked", it will work while charging via USB every time. But it rarely, if ever, works on the Stand.
16th January 2019, 07:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
I'm a bit disappointed with the stand as well! Especially since it costs so much!!

I've seen people talk about updates?? Is there anything I need to update in regards too the stand??
26th January 2019, 09:22 PM |#11  

More
I have had no problems with the stand at all. Rapid charges, pulls up pics when the lights are on, switches to clock when I turn the light off, and initiates do not disturb. All good here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)