FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Pixel 3][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 [blueline]

431 posts
Thanks Meter: 973

By jorgen2009, Senior Member on 11th February 2019, 07:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS Logo
LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform.

This is an unofficial build of LineageOS for the Pixel 2 (walleye). I always liked Lineage (and its predecessor CyanogenMOD) as well as the Google line of phones. Unfortunately having a Google Pixel phone isn't certainty for a lot of custom ROMS anymore, so that's why I decided to compile my own version. It's been quite challeging, but I think I finally have a build that is good enough to share.

About
This ROM is built straight from the LineageOS sources found on https://github.com/lineageos. There are only 3 changes in order to get this build:
  • The device tree is just a single folder with references to the crosshatch (Pixel 3XL) tree that is already there in the sources
  • The binaries for this ROM come from The Muppets
  • The ROM is compiled with the nano version from Open Gapps, including the Pixel specific bits for unlimited photo upload for instance
I am not a developer, I only build this ROM and it reflects the the current status. If there are any things missing or not working I suggest to contact the LineageOS team, they are the real geniuses here and deserve all the credits. I will try to keep this ROM updated on a regular basis.

First Installation
Installing the ROM can be a little hard, especially the first install. Upgrades will be relatively easy though. This first setup is only needed when coming from a different ROM then this. I can't support you if you did't follow this first installation. Be warned it will wipe your user data in the process, so make sure you make a backup if needed.
  • Place the ROM and optionally the TWRP zip, a kernel and root on the phone and reboot to recovery by using the command line (fastboot boot twrp.img) or hold the VOL DOWN key while rebooting the phone.
  • In order to make the right startbase for the ROM you have to install the latest stock Pixel 3 image from Google found here to BOTH slots. You can use the script in the download folder. Instructions how to use it can be found in the script itself.
  • Wipe 'data' and 'Dalvik / Art Cache' from TWRP - Wipe - Advanced Wipe or use the slider in TWRP for a factory reset. Optionally you should also delete the Android folder on your internal storage through the TWRP File Manager
  • Flash the ROM and optionally the TWRP zip, kernel and root and reboot the phone

Upgrades to new version
After the hard initial work to get the ROM installed it's going to be easy for upgrades to new versions.
  • Download the new ROM on the phone and reboot or fastboot flash to the TWRP recovery
  • Flash the new ROM and optionally TWRP. If you want to flash another kernel or a root solution you will have to reboot you phone, so it switches slots and let it boot normally. Then go back to recovery and flash in this order: TWRP - kernel - Magisk and reboot
After a monthly update from Google and only when LineageOS also adapted to the latest monthly sources (I will tell you this) you will have to do an extra step:
  • Download the latest Lineage OS ROM and place it on the internal storage
  • Download the latest image from the Google Factory Images site, extract the bootloader, radio and vendor images and flash them in the bootloader to BOTH slots. Alternatively (and actually my prefered method) you can use the script provided in the download folder. Instructions are inside the script
  • From here go to TWRP recovery and flash the previously downloaded new ROM, optionally followed by TWRP.
  • Optionally, after a reboot you can flash Magisk and/or another kernel.

Not working
  • Active Edge
  • Now playing (on the lockscreen, it works while the screen is on, just no history))
  • Call recording (not enabled in sources for our device)
  • Accent colours Default, Forest and Cocoa display a blue colour icon theme instead of its own
  • Call Screen (couldn't test it myself)
  • The "markup" tool to edit screenshots doesn't work

Downloads
Now finally for the good part, the downloads. In this folder you will always find the latest ROM:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lx...7Y_6yJ5SFMg7uR

Happy flashing
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to jorgen2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jorgen2009 Ad-Free

11th February 2019, 07:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Awesome! Just one question, is SELinux permissive or enforcing?
11th February 2019, 08:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 973

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCheck

Awesome! Just one question, is SELinux permissive or enforcing?

Enforcing
The Following User Says Thank You to jorgen2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jorgen2009 Ad-Free
11th February 2019, 09:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
@jorgen2009 I used to use your Pixel 2 LineageOS unofficial builds. Really excited to see that you are going to be making Pixel 3 builds now! Looking forward to trying it out tonight. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to bdr9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdr9 Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 02:49 AM |#5  

More
@jorgen2009 I flashed the rom and it's working great for the most part. The only problem I've noticed is that there is no audio in phone calls. I cannot hear the other person and they cannot hear me either. This is happening regardless of whether VoLTE is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks again for your work on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdr9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdr9 Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 03:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
That was happening with other February custom roms. just flashing Google's radio image in fastboot from the February Google's factory image should do the trick.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beanaman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beanaman Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 03:55 AM |#7  

More
@beanaman Thanks, this fixed it for me! Flashing just the radio image wasn't enough, though. I also had to flash the vendor image.
12th February 2019, 03:56 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Awesome
12th February 2019, 08:50 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdr9

@beanaman Thanks, this fixed it for me! Flashing just the radio image wasn't enough, though. I also had to flash the vendor image.

Yup. Vendor and radio, sometimes bootloader needs to be updated
14th February 2019, 02:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks! Working great until now
Ass said before, the only thing that do not work is the active edge.
Installed today so I can't talk about battery not Google pay
14th February 2019, 12:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Don't knot m know what's going on but after a long time charging, it's incredibly slow and laggy... A reboot solved it. Hooping to find out what's going on...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)