Pixel Dust ROM is an Android 10 ROM especially built for Google Pixel and Nexus devices.
We rebased the project to Code Aurora Sources, more commonly known as CAF. CAF ROMs are therefore generally considered to be more optimized for Qualcomm’s Snapdragon SoCs than AOSP ROMs (in performance, RAM management, battery, etc.). We strive to keep the Pixel Dust Experience as close as possible to Android as Google intended. We add a decent selection of the coolest custom ROM features that would've been missed if they hadn't been included.
The Pixel Dust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.
Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and myself. Cheers!
BTW, please consider to take a logcat, because you know that:
If you submit bug reports without a log, you may be prosecuted...or executed.
If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.
* Periodic AOSP security updates
* Pixel GApps included (no need to flash any third party GApps)
* Pixel 4 wallpapers
* PixelDust Launcher
* Enhanced theming engine (big thanks to DirtyUnicorns for their commits)
Pixel 3 additional features
* All official features of the Pixel 3 incl. ActiveEdge!
* Kirisakura bluecross kernel (release Q1) compiled with Avalon clang 11
Additional QS tiles
* Always On Display
* PixelDust Settings
* Screenshot (Partial/Full)
* and many more
* Theming: Dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes
Lock screen display
* Battery level on bottom
* Ambient music ticker
* Charging info
* Lock screen PIN quick unlock
* Swipe fingerprint for notifications
* Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
* Volume rocker skips music tracks
* Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
Pixel Dust Wallpapers
* A set of 15 breathtaking space themed Wallpapers
* Themes: Choose between 48 different accent colors, 8 different clock interface and more
* Style: Automatic, Light, Google dark, Pitch black, Solarized dark, Black Coffee
* Status bar icon whitelist
* Network traffic display
* Clock & date settings
* Battery settings
* Vibrate on touch
* Secure tiles require unlocking
* Battery percentage
* Battery estimate
* Display clock in QS header
* Brightness slider on/off toggle
* Brightness slider bottom
* Auto brightness icon
* Min-Max icon
* Status bar pulls down Quick Settings
* Accidental touch
* Screen off power button torch
* Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume steps
* Volume Panel
* Navbar visibility toggle
* Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
* Invert layout of Navbar buttons
* Show arrow keys while typing
* Status bar dt2s
* Lock screen dt2s
* Left & right lock screen shortcuts
* Fingerprint authentication vibration
* Pocket detection
* Media cover art
* Media artwork blur level
* Music visualizer
* Lock screen charging animation
* Disable power menu when locked
* Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart options and many more
* Edge lighting
* Ambient display brightness
* Ambient notification brightness
* Wake up on charge
* Rounded corners
* System update via OTA (since we don't have a working TWRP recovery)
Terms & conditions:
By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of Pixel Dust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The Pixel Dust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.
* PixelDust CAF Android 10 for blueline incl. stock GApps & vendor image
* Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)
* Magisk patched boot image (can be flashed after ROM has been booted)
Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8
* You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
* You are familiar with using fastboot
* Before you are ready to flash this custom ROM, you have to install the latest factory image
* Bootloader unlocked
* You have created a backup of your ROM & data
First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:
YOU MUST HAVE RECENT FACTORY IMAGE FLASHED TO BOTH SLOTS BEFORE YOUR FIRST TIME INSTALLING ROM.
1. Flashing stock ROM:
- Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#blueline
2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
- Download the ROM and boot image
- Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 10 install)
fastboot erase userdata
- Reboot into fastbootd
fastboot reboot fastboot
- Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
- Select "Apply Update from ADB"
- Sideload the ROM zip
adb sideload pixeldust_blueline-ota-retrofit-xxx.zip
Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:
Just skip the step "Wipe userdata"
Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project and PureNexus, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.
Kirisakura bluecross kernel (release Q1)
Source code: https://github.com/pixeldust-devices...ogle_bluecross
[ROM][Pixel 3][10.0] PixelDust CAF Android 10 for blueline, ROM for the Google Pixel 3
Source Code: https://github.com/pixeldust-project-caf
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: CAF, AOSP
Stable Release Date: 2020-05-22
Last Updated 2020-07-10