FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Q beta dual sim dual standby (DSDS)

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Mr.Titiv, Member on 19th April 2019, 08:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2019, 01:39 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag HoChiMinh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendhiloo7

We don't have physical Google store. In India need to buy from online partner site ( Flipkart)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So that mean your phone come from which country ? and which carrier ? (like verizon, t-mobile,...)
20th April 2019, 01:42 PM |#12  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Titiv

So that mean your phone come from which country ? and which carrier ? (like verizon, t-mobile,...)

Based on India. Google partner with Flipkart to sell the pixel . It's official e-commerce in India. We will get full support from Google

The Following User Says Thank You to sendhiloo7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sendhiloo7 Ad-Free
20th April 2019, 01:57 PM |#13  
OP Member
Flag HoChiMinh

More
Quote:

Based on India. Google partner with Flipkart to sell the pixel . It's official e-commerce in India. We will get full support from Google

Thanks for your information.
So that mean my Px3 phone maybe cannot support for E-sim in Vietnam
20th April 2019, 02:13 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1,753

More
If your OEM switch for bootloader unlock is not grayed out you can use the embedded sim or eSim. If it's grayed out then you can't. Naturally, it depends on your carrier if they support it or not. Even with a Google version Verizon does not support eSim activation for some unknown reason. But Sprint and Google Fi will work I believe. Ask your carrier if they support eSim activation. If they don't know what you're talking about then they probably don't. Also remember that you can only have one network active at a time. Until Android Q comes out with true DSDS (not the beta yet, it's too risky) you will have to choose which is active.

I'm not sure what the IMEIs of devices in Vietnam and India are but here in the US if they begin with a 99 then you can use the eSim. If they start with a 35 you cannot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobby janow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobby janow Ad-Free
20th April 2019, 02:54 PM |#15  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

If your OEM switch for bootloader unlock is not grayed out you can use the embedded sim or eSim. If it's grayed out then you can't. Naturally, it depends on your carrier if they support it or not. Even with a Google version Verizon does not support eSim activation for some unknown reason. But Sprint and Google Fi will work I believe. Ask your carrier if they support eSim activation. If they don't know what you're talking about then they probably don't. Also remember that you can only have one network active at a time. Until Android Q comes out with true DSDS (not the beta yet, it's too risky) you will have to choose which is active.

I'm not sure what the IMEIs of devices in Vietnam and India are but here in the US if they begin with a 99 then you can use the eSim. If they start with a 35 you cannot.

Mine IMEI start with 99 (India)

20th April 2019, 03:01 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

Mine IMEI start with 99 (India)

Does your carrier support eSim activation. That's the second requirement.
20th April 2019, 03:03 PM |#17  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:

Does your carrier support eSim activation. That's the second requirement.

I already using eSIM. You can see the screenshot in my my previous post

20th April 2019, 06:47 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

I already using eSIM. You can see the screenshot in my my previous post

Yeah I see now. Wait until Q drops and we can have true DSDS like the iPhones do currently. That will be really nice.
22nd April 2019, 05:17 AM |#19  
OP Member
Flag HoChiMinh

More
Quote:

Thanks for your helpfully information.
My device's imei start with 35
30th April 2019, 07:54 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Actually both esim & physical sim are active right now. But when you are on a call in esim then you dont get calls in physical sim & vice versa. i think thats pretty normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sman999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sman999 Ad-Free
30th April 2019, 08:29 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman999

Actually both esim & physical sim are active right now. But when you are on a call in esim then you dont get calls in physical sim & vice versa. i think thats pretty normal.

It's very normal, yes. Only way to get a call while you're on the other sim call is if you have 2 radios in the device. Not many do. I'm chomping at the bit for that feature but I have to wait until GPS and other apps are functioning correctly. Perhaps DP3 or the one after that. But it's nice to know this is on the horizon. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)